• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just giving marbling a shot :D

2 Color marble dye, 1hour with purple, 10 hours with red. not my favorite, but I likes it.
c48430d4881311e2adfe22000a1fbd6c_7.jpg

2 color marble dye, 1 hour purple, 10 hours black. It's a pink disc so the purple didn't pop(If I left it longer it would have lol)
076f39fc881411e2a4d822000a1f924b_7.jpg

1 Color multidyed. 1.5 hours on with purple, another 10 hours with purple. Probably my favorite :D
57b19298881411e2af1622000a1fb845_7.jpg

After reading page after page i figured id give the SC and brainwave methods a try. Not too bad but definitely room for improvement

Attachments

• dyes.jpg
    dyes.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 184
First post to the Dye a Day Thread! This is my 5th dye and my 2nd attempt at marbling. It turned out pretty great thanks to everyone's work and willingness to share about their dyeing experiences! Now I just have to invest in a plotter...

Star Teebird

Nice work Koogs!

And nice first DADT post, bsheisey! Look forward to more from you!

Mike Ness on a Star Roc
P1030302_zpsc10b45c4.jpg

Excellent stencil choice Koogs, pulled off nicely, the shading in the face is very well done! :thmbup:

Getting close to missing a day so here's a recent one, always fun playing with the shaving cream.

BansheeDSC_3743_zps9a034da4.jpg

I picked up this misprint avenger awhile back, cause it was a pearly white, great for a dye. It was triple stamped with the Avenger's tourney stamp. Fast forward a year or so, and it's just sat around, no one wants a damned avenger, till I finally found someone! Plus, I was going to dye it for him.
I spent a couple hours messing with the stencil, had it all ready to dye, was just getting up to go drop it in dye.
I'm inspecting the vinyl around the edge, and see a faint shadow...look closer, and I see the "PREDATOR" tooled on the inside!
I don't have any other avengers, and I've never thrown them, so I don't know its rim, so all I have is discraft's profile pic, but it shows a flat rim. And it SURE FEELS like a pred to me...
Good thing I didn't spend the rest of the time and effort to dye it, and send it off...to a guy who doesn't throw preds...
To add to my confusion, the avenger and pred's tech specs are identical except for a .1cm difference in rim depth...but DC's page shows it with a flat rim, no microbead, which is NOT a predator...
On the upside, I love Preds!

You should tweet that or send a pic to MVP Mr. Glass. That might be the best looking MVP I've seen dyed or otherwise.

I posted this question in another thread but I will ask it here too: I have a couple of solid yellow TM2 Pures, I was wondering if it would be possible to dye the disc in the design of the Swedish flag. It's basically just all blue with a yellow cross on it. Would this be possible or would the blue turn green from the yellow?

You should tweet that or send a pic to MVP Mr. Glass. That might be the best looking MVP I've seen dyed or otherwise.

I posted this question in another thread but I will ask it here too: I have a couple of solid yellow TM2 Pures, I was wondering if it would be possible to dye the disc in the design of the Swedish flag. It's basically just all blue with a yellow cross on it. Would this be possible or would the blue turn green from the yellow?
The blue will not be blue enough. I dyed a white tm2 and a eze using black sat all night, got a light purple color.
I think it will come out green. Oh thanks!

The blue will not be blue enough. I dyed a white tm2 and a eze using black sat all night, got a light purple color.
I think it will come out green.

I had similar results. Last night I tried a 12hr shaving cream marble dye (iDye Poly) on a yellow TM2 Pure and the color came out extremely faint. For comparison, I usually get full color in 4hrs with other plastic (Champion, Star, GL, Opto, etc...).

Heres a few more i just finished up. Im really liking the Tangent and the GID Anode is for a buddy of mine

Attachments

• GiD Anode 2.jpg
    GiD Anode 2.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 20130312_150240.jpg
    20130312_150240.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 117
Ugh. Y'all are overwhelmingly talented. My first dye was last week and it bled like nobody's business. Some day, I'm going to have something to post on here... instead of creepin without a username like I've been doing for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.