• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UB Disc Golf Backpack - The Freak

I just want to chime in that I know and have played a bunch with Mike and am so happy to see his company moving forward like this. If I can get the scratch together I'll definitely be getting one of these bags. I understand all the skepticism on the internet but this is a stand up guy who has his act together and it's been fun watching his company come along.

Yes this a mocked up image of the bag, the bag has not been made yet it's in the design process, the bag will look like that, at the moment I'm getting feedback as to what pockets people want to see on the bag. I hope people dont think that I have these bags in my hand at this moment because I did not want it to seem that way. But these bags are coming in the future and in the coming weeks we should have a more narrow window as to the final date.

As someone who has used a dual pack and other diy backpacks with a bottom disc storage system, something that separates the top storage compartment from top of the discs is important. The extra weight on top really weighs down on the discs and makes it difficult to pull them out.

Also, while the big empty space at the top seems like a great idea, it makes it hard to find things when it is packed. A fully loaded top could make things a little top heavy without an internal frame.

As someone who has used a dual pack and other diy backpacks with a bottom disc storage system, something that separates the top storage compartment from top of the discs is important. The extra weight on top really weighs down on the discs and makes it difficult to pull them out.

Also, while the big empty space at the top seems like a great idea, it makes it hard to find things when it is packed. A fully loaded top could make things a little top heavy without an internal frame.

this is a solid point

the Dual Pack rocks for the ability to store stuff in the top compartment
if you need to carry rain gear, hoody, extra towels etc etc etc
this bag rocks

but it does sag down and it is just a giant cavern

something like this should be incorporated into the new bag but supported somehow so that it does not sag down onto the discs

perhaps it could also be divided somehow for a larger area for clothing and a well divided and pocketed smaller area for other things

the side pockets on the dual are useful

if UB (Mike's) new bag is like the Dual and the Grip had a baby it would be stellar

I look forward to this potential offering

I carry a dual pack for mostly tournament play so it doesn't get that much use.
2 things not to repeat:
1) the frame is starting to pop out and i don't know why. I mean doesn't affect anything, but in my opinion, its just looks dumb and am embarrassed to carry sometimes.
2) tip compartment, with what's said above. Maybe divider in there or some pockets within the big pocket.

Quality. This thing needs to handle some abuse.
You are in the best forum for this kind of stuff. I will say that dgcr will make or break you!

I lol'd

Also, this is shadier than Grip IMO.

How could anyone think that releasing a bag like this* would be a great idea after that debacle?

* obv not talking about the style of the bag, talking about the way theyre going about marketing and the pre order and blah blah.

This thread was to spark early awareness and to gain knowledge of what the general population would like to see the bag as long as it is my capacity to do so. i refuse to take money from anyone until im certain that i can reach the dead line that i set, no dates have been set for the release of this bag. please dont take this thread as something that will be released very shortly but more as a bag that is to be coming in months to come.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how this bag turns out. This looks like the perfect bag for me, and the price can't be beat.

It's in poor taste to bump your own thread; similar to "liking" your own status updates, laughing during telling jokes, or saying "am I right"

It's in poor taste to bump your own thread; similar to "liking" your own status updates, laughing during telling jokes, or saying "am I right"

I didn't see anything about that in the forum guidelines.

I DID see this though 2) If a thread doesn't interest you, please move along.

I for one am always excited to see a new company enter the scene; competition innovates, keeps the big boys in line, and results in a better product for everyone.

One thing I would really dig in a backpack style bag is a smaller backpack style bag.

A well designed backpack that can carry 9-10 discs, 2 32oz gatorades, a couple decent sized pockets to carry what would be in your pants pockets, and maybe a enough space to accommodate a hoodie. Something like this may be able to be produced and therefore sold at a lower than $100 price point and would sell like backpack flapjacks. Aim for the price point of a new GB Chimp and a set of quads, and add shipping.

You can always make and market a bigger bag, but bigger is not always better.

(this post was originally viewed on a computer monitor that is deeper than it is wide)

Last edited:
One thing I would really dig in a backpack style bag is a smaller backpack style bag.

A well designed backpack that can carry 9-10 discs, 2 32oz gatorades, a couple decent sized pockets to carry what would be in your pants pockets, and maybe a enough space to accommodate a hoodie. Something like this may be able to be produced and therefore sold at a lower than $100 price point and would sell like backpack flapjacks. Aim for the price point of a new GB Chimp and a set of quads, and add shipping.

You can always make and market a bigger bag, but bigger is not always better.

(this post was originally viewed on a computer monitor that is deeper than it is wide)

I've been begging for a bag like this. Basically like a dual pack, but the top is like a chimp and the bottom is for storage.

I've sent 2 emails as well as a message on Facebook requesting info on this bag, and have gotten no reply. If the lack of customer service now is any indication of what we'll seeing the future, I'll pass on this. A low price doesn't excuse poor customer service in my book.