• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Shorter lace or longer ibex if you get a heavy domey trak. I'd normally throw a ibex or my very broken in obex for the type of shot you're describing though.

Would the domey track be more understable than a flat one? Or vice versa? And yes I know I really need to work on tossing my mid ranges. I have a perfectly beat in Roc but I can never get the shot I want when going for a tunnel shot at about 275-300. I'm great with it at that range with a little more field to play with. I have had better success just flipping my lace up flat down the gap, but it can act very different when I have to power it down considerably.

A very beat or light Trak can get somewhat flippy like the Lace, if that's what you're asking. I'm really liking the '13 VO Trak, flies more OS than the other runs I have. I do throw my Ibex for most of my shots on the courses I play though. Have you tried the Ascent?

I'd say the Vibram Discs lacking glide thing = myth

Completely agree, Dana. My Vibrams glide TOO much sometimes. They glide every bit as much as Innova, Discraft, or Lat64 discs that I have thrown in the past and maybe more.

I know not everyone is down with the Facebook, but if you are, head over to the Vibram Collector Page. I've got a sweet mini/coaster giveaway going on today!

I really like the idea behind these discs, but I just could not get into them. I threw an Unlace silly distances from a standstill (and even liked the grip) but was sorely disappointed with the Ascent and Ridge. The putter was great, but was still slick after several washings. The fairway started off stable, but quickly lost that and had a very "TL" flight. If the company (which I do respect) pops out a stable fairway, with the grip of their distance drivers, I would be pleased and certainly give it a shot.

New V.P.

Feels nice, but I haven't really thrown it yet.

Attachments

• 0106141620.jpg
    0106141620.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 21
So do Vibram discs lack glide or not?

IMO, the putters lack glide, but this is by design.
The Ibex/Obex have a good amount of glide for mids.
The tri-Laces have insane glide. InBounds actually rates the Lace and unLace as the two farthest flying discs out there.

Was there ever a mold change on the Ascent?

I found an old firm one a while back and recently got another firm one in my TD sampler pack and I swear the new one looks wider/taller rimmed than the old one, like a spacer or something was used.

We did make a second mold. It is supposed to match the first. There would be a number or symbol on one of the on the back side to notate that it is not the original mold.

A very beat or light Trak can get somewhat flippy like the Lace, if that's what you're asking. I'm really liking the '13 VO Trak, flies more OS than the other runs I have. I do throw my Ibex for most of my shots on the courses I play though. Have you tried the Ascent?

Ya that's what I was asking. I'm trying to avoid another roller disc. I don't mind something with a little turn with a good throw, but not the crazy turnover get outa my Lace. I'm not trying to beat the horse dead but I can't imagine what an unlace is like. I prolly couldn't throw it 30ft before it would burn.

I haven't thrown an ascent. But I'm thinkin somethin straighter. I could be wrong but I think I have that shot covered between my firebird and volt. Would you consider inbounds to be pretty accurate for the midrange and fairways from Vibram? Some times I feel inbounds is dead on, but for example. I've owned two volts and they both flew exactly the same but with little to no turn and more fade than inBounds depicted. I know I can't expect it to be perfect, just curious on others findings.

Thanks for all the help on here.

A couple of days away from my computer and man I have some reading to do.

I am going to agree with the glide thing being a Myth. Here's my story to back it up and if you want to do the research, this is true.

I first bought a Medium VP as my first Vibram disc because at the time I liked an overstable putter. When I first started throwing it, it was the most glidy overstable putter I had ever thrown.

As far as a straight fairway driver, you really can't go wrong with the Ascent. It may say it is stable to over stable but once you get it past the beat in curve, you won't find anything straighter. There is most inconsistency in the Ascents than any other Vibram disc so it may be hit or miss. I have an Ascent that is flippier than my Trak. The Trak and My first Ascent are both quite flippy.

As usual, I won't comment on what we may or may not be developing, but I will say that the Sole was developed as a putter that required less power to get distance with (ie, more glide). I'll go a step further and say I am happy with our current putter lineup and think we've got other fish to fry before revisiting the short game.

Now, if we want to talk about the sport's first all rubber basket ... :)