• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

If I'll test Vibram discs I think I'm going to buy at least Ibex, and maybe a putter. How consistent are Vibram discs by the way (How likely two Vibram discs would fly the same)? And what molds have you especially seen to be consistent from Vibram and what not. I read that there's lots of differently flying Ascents..

If I'll test Vibram discs I think I'm going to buy at least Ibex, and maybe a putter. How consistent are Vibram discs by the way (How likely two Vibram discs would fly the same)? And what molds have you especially seen to be consistent from Vibram and what not. I read that there's lots of differently flying Ascents..

In my experience, Ibexes are very very consistent. From what I have experienced, pretty much all of their molds are consistent (except for Ascent). The Ascent is the least consistent by far, but if you know what to look for you can find Ascents to fit well for you. I personally really like cycling Ascents.

For putters, if you're looking for glide, go for a Sole. They have nice stability with good glide. As advertised, the V.P. Ridge, and Summit have very little glide but offer a good range of stability to allow for any line.

Thanks!

It is not as overstable as the 420B, I could barely throw the 420B 300 ft. The Glow O-Lace I can throw 400 ft. There is a lot more glide.

Basically, what hlasianguy said!

Okay, excellent. It sounds quite a bit like several of the other meathook long range drivers from other companies. This is exactly what I would love to see from Vibram next and I believe we will.

There are two molds of Ascents out there. I believe Steve might have explained how to tell the difference earlier in the thread?

The newer mold is overstable, while the original one is a lot more straight stable.

The Three Amigos!

Finally have a matching set of putting putters figured I'd do Red Wings dyes again, this time machine cut from a shop. In the center is my hand cut first one from the VBB last March, this will be my driving putter and why not....its got an ace on it, it seems fitting. On the left and right are my new putting putters, no more mental crutch over which putter I should have used:wall:, can't tell em apart anymore:thmbup:

Attachments

• IMG_20140111_135651_820.jpg
    IMG_20140111_135651_820.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 45
Ridge (putter), Ibex (mid), Trak (fairway) and Lace (distance).

Those are my favorites.

I mean Dana pretty much is the man so this is great advice on Vibram discs. I am now favoring my Ascent a little bit over my Trak but I would highly reccomend the Trak as well. Really the only times I am not reaching for Vibram is when I need something more overstable than they currently make. Also I would add the Summit to the putter list. It is my main putter and the only Vibram disc I have an Ace with.

As far as the consistency question goes. I think we have mentioned the Ascent issue which is the only issue I have found with consistency. At the same time it is so hard to loose a Vibram disc and they take so long to to go too understable that you might not need to worry about that.

so been trying to register for two vibram disc tournys had nothing but problems keeps saying my bank has cancled my card which is not the case my credit card is still active and use it daily..on the vibram site it has no way to contact anyone to slove my problem id really like to try these tournys out but getting to be more a pain than anything and bout to give up and say **** it... ne help be appreciated

Eh, I have learned to never put anything beyond the realm of possibility for Vibram.

Except discs that have some real overstability, VP excluded. I've heard the mediums are where it's at for more stable Acents though. I'd seriously consider dropping my firebird and drone if they made something stanky. As far as Ascents consistently goes, I've bought 2 at opposite extremes of the x-link firm (new run) spectrum and they're practically mirror images of each other. Any news on upcoming releases?

Only issue I have is I like the grip better on a Medium. I'd love a slightly more overstable Medium for woods. I really like the control an Ascent gives when I need more effective tight distance.

Except discs that have some real overstability, VP excluded. I've heard the mediums are where it's at for more stable Acents though. I'd seriously consider dropping my firebird and drone if they made something stanky. As far as Ascents consistently goes, I've bought 2 at opposite extremes of the x-link firm (new run) spectrum and they're practically mirror images of each other. Any news on upcoming releases?

The only reason this is the case is because they are taking their time to get it right. Soon enough you will have your super overstable molds and the world will be right. Patience is key my friend.

The only reason this is the case is because they are taking their time to get it right. Soon enough you will have your super overstable molds and the world will be right. Patience is key my friend.

I think I worded it confusingly at the end of my previous statement. I have a 156 and a 173 firm Ascent that fly identical. Their product is intriguing that's for sure. I'm trying out a slew of mid 150 discs and the durability seems to drop the lighter weight gets for most plastics. Can anyone attest to the durability of Vibram's lighter discs?

^ I have a 153 Ibex, first one I got about 3 years ago. I still use it regularly for upshots and whatnot, but it was used exclusively for the first 6 months or so. Just like the other Vibrams I have, they beat in to a point, then stay in the sweet-spot for a long time.