• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Got my Notch in today and just got back from two rounds with it. It's here guys. While certainly not faf Firebird stable, this disc flew almost exactly like a slightly domey Star Firebird I have bagged. Note, I throw 300-350 feet (BH, FHs almost that far now). Threw it on a variety of lines and into different winds (10-15 mph today). Reliably OS. Great HSS, solid dump.

This is a winner.

How does it OH?

I guess I got a good Ascent, because this sounds a lot like the same disc.

You will like both discs. I prefer the summit over the ibex. Ibex is basically a buzz. Summit is unlike most putters out there.

I pretty much agree with this, but the Ibex seems less power hungry than a Buzzz. won't dump if you take a little off of it.

I plan only using the ibex for drives to help build form. The summit will be used a my mid and putter.

I got to try abunch of vibrams out and I have been wanting some ever since.

Hopefully I can find someone to trade the discs I have for vibram!

got the Notch out into some sustained 20-30 mph winds today. This thing is beeftastic. Always held a stable line and faded hard into a headwind, BH and FH. Compared it to my Star Firebird and handled headwinds and crosswinds just the same. Didn't penetrate quite as well as the Bird, as the wing is a little blunter, but that only translated into maybe 10' less into a headwind.

How does it OH?

As I said, I don't really OH much but I compared my 175 Medium Notch and 175 Star Firebird on some tomahawks and thumbers. Seemed virtually identical, Notch maybe barrel rolled a hair faster.

As I said, I don't really OH much but I compared my 175 Medium Notch and 175 Star Firebird on some tomahawks and thumbers. Seemed virtually identical, Notch maybe barrel rolled a hair faster.[/QUOTE]

Nice - so what you're saying is FIREBIRD killer!?! (just-kidding). I am throwing thumbers less these days, but will just use this excuse to add another vibram mold. Thanks for posting results

Nice - so what you're saying is FIREBIRD killer!?! (just-kidding). I am throwing thumbers less these days, but will just use this excuse to add another vibram mold. Thanks for posting results

No problem.

Firebird killer, probably not. Comparable, yes. Must have for Vibramites, definitely.

Really curious to see how the firm skips, not too much skip out of my medium. It skips some and on dirt/mulch it seemed to skip as much as my Firebird would, but not nearly as much off grass.

I'm tired of these Vibram runs that feel sandy/greasy. I might bag my first Summit because it is so much more tacky and rubbery feeling than my prettier, current Summits. On the plus side, moisture actually improves the grip of these newer Vibrams. :\

My first 2 vibram discs are on their way to me.

I ordered from MSDG and can't wait to get them in my hands!

I got an ibex and a summit.

Summit's pretty great for approaches. For putting, you need to play with the spin aspect to get it to glide correctly.

Ibex is a staple of the bag. I like what was said earlier that it flies well at low speeds. Floaty is the word I'd use to describe it. Holds an anny line really well. The famed Steve Dodge S-curve is notorious, because of the Ibex flying on anny line.

I'm tired of these Vibram runs that feel sandy/greasy. I might bag my first Summit because it is so much more tacky and rubbery feeling than my prettier, current Summits. On the plus side, moisture actually improves the grip of these newer Vibrams. :\
I had to wash my last one with soap. It was pretty greasy.

Once clean I tossed it in the dirt. Bam, the awesome grip was there.

I've been throwing a Soft Ridge and Glow Ridge for the last year and both are awesome. Since I'll probably never own a GlowFly :( , what's the probability of Vibram ever doing a soft glow run of discs? I'd kill for a Soft Glow Ridge and Summit.

I've been throwing a Soft Ridge and Glow Ridge for the last year and both are awesome. Since I'll probably never own a GlowFly :( , what's the probability of Vibram ever doing a soft glow run of discs? I'd kill for a Soft Glow Ridge and Summit.

The probability is very low, as both Glow and Softs are only run once a year and it sounds like the changes they make to run them stop (or slow down significantly)them from running their normal medium and firm. And I doubt they'd want to halt or slow down that production even more.

But you never know.

How does it OH?

About 1:00 into this video it shows me throwing a couple of thumbers with the Notch. Granted, this was after 36 holes of golf and lots of field practice, so I distinctly remember my shoulder/elbow being really sore after throwing these.

I usually thumber an eagle so this was beefier than I was used to, but I do use thumbers a lot.

About 1:00 into this video it shows me throwing a couple of thumbers with the Notch. Granted, this was after 36 holes of golf and lots of field practice, so I distinctly remember my shoulder/elbow being really sore after throwing these.

I usually thumber an eagle so this was beefier than I was used to, but I do use thumbers a lot.

Great vid.

Notch seems to be a "tick" overstable. lol

Latest posts