• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Just started OH throws, but I use the o-Lace mostly. My guess is the Ascent is a better choice, because the o-Lace doesn't seem to get much height. A speed 9 overstable from Vibram would be ideal... maybe the Notch?

Has anyone beat in a firm unlace?

How does a beat in firm compare to a medium?

I've got two firms I use. I noticed the heavier one flies less understable (more stable).

I've always heard that the mediums beat-in slower than firms. I've noticed the firms are more liable to warp or lose their original shape...

I just got my ibex and summit in.

The summit is everything I hoped for!
The shallow rim is exactly want I wanted. I did alittle putting into the discatcher at the house and Maaan it's on point.

I haven't gotten to throw the ibex past 140' since I just threw at my house but I can tell it's going to really fly nice when I can give it all I can. (which isn't too much further)

The Ibex is 173M and the summit is 175M.

I'm looking for an unlace but all the colors in the weight I want are a bit too dark. I found some ones that I would like in the firm which is why I'm asking how they beat in.

Firm beats in the fastest, then medium, and then soft....which don't really beat in. The soft just kinda lose their dome, becoming flat-topped.

All Vibram stay in the 'sweet spot' for a long time though. The firms will eventually become understable but that takes quite a long time. YRMV with the number of trees you hit and the type of courses you play.

It's also generally agreed that softs are the most OS, then medium, then firm being the most US if you're comparing across a single mold type.

Got an Arch in the mail today. Took it out for a round, but I'm going to reserve judgement for now. That round was my second of the day and came after running a 5k this morning. So it seemed more overstable than I expected, but so did all my other discs.

I'll report back when I get a more accurate account of what this bad boy can do.

I just got my ibex and summit in.

The summit is everything I hoped for!
The shallow rim is exactly want I wanted. I did alittle putting into the discatcher at the house and Maaan it's on point.

I haven't gotten to throw the ibex past 140' since I just threw at my house but I can tell it's going to really fly nice when I can give it all I can. (which isn't too much further)

The Ibex is 173M and the summit is 175M.

I'm looking for an unlace but all the colors in the weight I want are a bit too dark. I found some ones that I would like in the firm which is why I'm asking how they beat in.

With 200-250' power level it shouldn't be a huge concern with Vibram. The only time the stability will be a concern is in a head-wind.

I went out yesterday and played a few rounds only using the ibex and summit.

I got 4 birdies on my second game and only went to boegita once!

I couldn't get the ibex to hold an anhyzer without flexing but I was able to get the summit to hold one so it worked out.

I couldn't be happier with these discs.

I was amazed on how any holes I parked from the teepad with the ibex.
I was also amazed by how straight the summit is. As soon as I dial it in I can tell my putting game is no longer going to be the weakest part of my game.

Vibram has a new fanboy!!!
Getting an unlace next.

I went out yesterday and played a few rounds only using the ibex and summit.

I got 4 birdies on my second game and only went to boegita once!

I couldn't get the ibex to hold an anhyzer without flexing but I was able to get the summit to hold one so it worked out.

I couldn't be happier with these discs.

I was amazed on how any holes I parked from the teepad with the ibex.
I was also amazed by how straight the summit is. As soon as I dial it in I can tell my putting game is no longer going to be the weakest part of my game.

Vibram has a new fanboy!!!
Getting an unlace next.

My advice is to try to find a birdie bash near you. This year you can get a driver/mid, so you could go unLace/Obex for $30, and then you get a bunch of other stuff, as well.

As someone who throws these two discs on probably 70% of my throws! welcome to Vibram goodness! :thmbup:

Here's a struggle that only a Vibramaholic would understand: trying to convince a newer player to get an unLace/Summit when everyone else is trying to convince them to go with unLace/Obex. Obex is a fine disc, but the Summit has magical properties. In my opinion, it's the one-disc wonder, because it works well for driving, putting, and approaching. It's about the only disc that I can carve lines with, though I am learning to do some lines with the Ibex more and more lately...

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have a heavier ibex. I'm not sure if they all do this but I'm really able to control when or if I want it to flex out of an anhyzer with the amount of power I put into it.

The summit seems like 100-150 feet in it does what ever you want it to with EASE.

I'm waiting for the arch to come out or I may just buy a lace... Most likely both.

I have a heavier ibex. I'm not sure if they all do this but I'm really able to control when or if I want it to flex out of an anhyzer with the amount of power I put into it.

The summit seems like 100-150 feet in it does what ever you want it to with EASE.

I'm waiting for the arch to come out or I may just buy a lace... Most likely both.

I like the Lace for finesse forehand shots (termed flicks), but it's not good for me RHBH. Too inconsistent for my liking, but I'm 250-300' power RHBH.

From what I have seen so far, the stability of the Arch is more in line with the Obex / OLace as opposed to the Ibex / Lace. I trust the Arch into a headwind. I can't say the same about the Ibex or Lace.

The Trak is going to be far more consistent for you... it's a speed 7 fairway driver, whereas the Lace is a speed 14. The higher the speed the driver is the more force you need to throw it with, which can be a difficult proposition for newer players.

The Trak is currently rated as one of infinitediscs.com top fairway drivers, meaning it's consistently rated highly on a five-star scale by users of that site. The Trak works well for forehands and backhands, and it's very consistent even for newer players. After repeated use, the Trak will lose some of its stability and tend to turn to the right more under certain conditions (i.e. strong headwinds), but it's fairly predictable flier overall. The combination of the slower flight (speed 7) with the distance that the Trak offers make it an excellent addition to any bag... :thmbup:

T After repeated use, the Trak will lose some of its stability and tend to turn to the right more under certain conditions (i.e. strong headwinds), but it's fairly predictable flier overall. The combination of the slower flight (speed 7) with the distance that the Trak offers make it an excellent addition to any bag... :thmbup:

My Trak was starting to turn too much, and actually got run over by a truck last week, making it unusable.

But I took it home and tried the boiling water trick. (filled a large bowl with ice, put the disc faceplate down, then poured boiling water into the back side of the disc and let it sit for 10-15 minutes) Now the Trak is back to the flight path it had the day I bought it. :)

Will the trak hold what ever like it's thrown on like the ibex?

What is everyone's preferred weight in the trak?

The Trak will hold very long hyzer lines and it will flex out of anhyzer lines. I've used it for tomahawks in a tailwind. It works well as a forehand disc. Does it all.

I have a nicely beat-in 173 medium and 173 firm that's newer :)

It's a go-to disc for me when I am lacking confidence...

Attn Vibram-ites

Today I learned to reach for softer putters on longer putts. Also, reach for harder putters on shorter putts.

The softer putters will absorb the force of your putt better. It's less likely to bounce out of the chains than a harder putter when it gets there.

Also, the firmness of a hard putter grants you the ability to make a confident putt with little to/no leeway.

Latest posts