• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Cool thanks.
I ended up buying some sweet minis and a lace.. We will see if the lace is a good fit for my super weak noodle arm haha..

I have a rather noodly arm but the Lace is still a good disc for me. It's one of (if not the) furthest flying discs I have. It flies straight to fade for me, but it doesn't dump off and the glide is fantastic.

If the Lace is domey, it'll be a little more on the OS side of them. I recently got a 158M and its ridiculous how easy it is to control it. Very, very fun disc to throw.

Since it's firm and used It may be more stable hopefully.

Does anyone have their valley yet? I'm looking forward to reading thoughts and reviews.

Since it's firm and used It may be more stable hopefully.

Does anyone have their valley yet? I'm looking forward to reading thoughts and reviews.

Got my Valley today, and I have thrown it a couple of times, and it seems like it's going to be a great disc! 46 mph is the speed, which puts it between the unLace and the Trak/Lace. One thing that I noticed right away was the squiggly flight pattern that it has, hard to describe, but it's kind of crooked, straight... I threw it 250' once, and it seem to exhibit that same flight pattern, which is interesting. I have a 171 medium.

What's the difference between the Valley and the Trak? The Valley has more rim to speak of, and it also has more of a bevel on the wing (improved wing design). The Trak is going to stay in my bag until I better understand what the Valley is going to do, and I can trust it...

46mph that sounds right up my alley!

Sounds like it was a weird flight path. I wonder if you are over powering it.

I'm looking forward to hearing other guys opinions also!

Got my Valley today, and I have thrown it a couple of times, and it seems like it's going to be a great disc! 46 mph is the speed, which puts it between the unLace and the Trak/Lace.

Just went shopping for one online. One site listed the Valley as a speed 8 driver with -2/1 for the HSS/LSS ratings. Another listed it at speed 7 with stability ratings of -1/1.

Which of those would you say is the more accurate?

I've got a 168g Valley headed my way, in either case.

Just went shopping for one online. One site listed the Valley as a speed 8 driver with -2/1 for the HSS/LSS ratings. Another listed it at speed 7 with stability ratings of -1/1.

Which of those would you say is the more accurate?

I've got a 168g Valley headed my way, in either case.

Definitely speed 8. It has a wider rim than the Trak. It's listed as 1.8 cm by the PDGA.

The production Valley is different from the prototype R448, which was a lot more understable.

My flight ratings are 8 4 0 -1... it doesn't seem to fade much into a headwind or if you're powering it up, which is consistent with Vibram Disc Golf's claim that it'll hold an anhyzer through its flight.

I still haven't thrown it much, but it's definitely different than the Trak... I'd say it's longer, and it has more stability.

The Nati disc golf store is getting some this friday. would love to see a little faster understable Trak. if not i still have my trak and 20$ thrown away.

THE REAL QUESTION IS.... Where is the Notch and the Arch????

The Nati disc golf store is getting some this friday. would love to see a little faster understable Trak. if not i still have my trak and 20$ thrown away.

THE REAL QUESTION IS.... Where is the Notch and the Arch????

I think the Notch will be out soon (July). My guess is the Arch will be not far behind (August)... just a guess! It's scary to think this, but VDG has only released four molds, since I joined this site! :(

I literally have a pile of money sitting in a drawer in my house to spend on at least 3 Arch's when they are released.

gallery_5_6_10246.jpg

Steve dodge was on the smahsboxTV podcast last night on YT and mentioned the floating plastic is on hold with some production issues but the new models are first on his plate to fork into. Been a busy busy man the past month it sounds like! Good listen/watch for you vibram peeps.

Steve dodge was on the smahsboxTV podcast last night on YT and mentioned the floating plastic is on hold with some production issues but the new models are first on his plate to fork into. Been a busy busy man the past month it sounds like! Good listen/watch for you vibram peeps.

Its been a busy year. New rubber type. 5 new molds Valley, (there are three Valley's out there, the tester disc, modified tester and then the production), Arch and Notch. New rubber compound. Then, its almost the special run months. Softober and Glovember.

Did the "modified tester" actually go to testers?

Yes but not all of them got it. A friend here is a tester and he just got the R448 which was the crazy understable one that didn't make it to production. Couldn't produce it in a weight over 160ish without too much waste.

Latest posts