• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I am not a fan of what Vibram did. I agree that the trak was close to the ascent. however replacing the whole lineup of fairway drivers. We still need 2 mid ranges and badly. Maybe could have gone for faster fairway drivers like speed 9-10

Yep - is 5 fairways too many? Most other comapnies think it's too few.

It's kind of a middle finger to people who have liked these discs and thrown them over the years.

Boo Steve Dodge :confused:

I am not a fan of what Vibram did. I agree that the trak was close to the ascent. however replacing the whole lineup of fairway drivers. We still need 2 mid ranges and badly. Maybe could have gone for faster fairway drivers like speed 9-10
Obex and Ibex are next.

You had to get rid of some molds to bring in the new ones. Vibram has had 5 new discs in the last yearish. unLace, Solace, Arch, Notch and Valley. That's pretty good IMHO.

With Vibram you use the same mold but with different rubber and weights to cover the stabilities. There is no need to have so many molds when that works. But, people always want more. However, what I said above works perfectly. It's why I have three Lace in my bag, two UnLace, two olace, two Trak and three Ridges. All different weights and rubber stiffness. Don't have to learn extra molds. That's a plus in my book.

Obex and Ibex are next.

You had to get rid of some molds to bring in the new ones. Vibram has had 5 new discs in the last yearish. unLace, Solace, Arch, Notch and Valley. That's pretty good IMHO.

With Vibram you use the same mold but with different rubber and weights to cover the stabilities. There is no need to have so many molds when that works. But, people always want more. However, what I said above works perfectly. It's why I have three Lace in my bag, two UnLace, two olace, two Trak and three Ridges. All different weights and rubber stiffness. Don't have to learn extra molds. That's a plus in my book.

Obex is a turd, but why oh why would you replace a brilliant mold like the Ibex?

Opting for a smaller bag: VP, Summit, Ridge, Ibex, Obex, Valley, Ascent, unLace, Lace, o-Lace, Solace... also taking out the softs now that it's getting warmer outside! Hoping the Notch will be out soon! I'm getting better with tomahawks/thumbers, but I need some more practice with RHBH! Putting seems to be coming along nicely! I took 1st place in doubles with my partner at league last week, so that's nice!

Do soft summits have some kind of reaction to heat?
What weight are your soft summits?

I know that certain molds of the obex are stable and others were flippy. They need a 4X4 setup.

Changing the weight is not a good solution. It changes up timing, release points, if your used to throwing a 175 weight ibex and then switch over to a 150 class ibex to try to hyzer flip you will be off and will not be consistant.

Obex is a turd, but why oh why would you replace a brilliant mold like the Ibex?

Once again has to do with effective manufacturing. I'd expect to have another fairway this year (true understable) and then the mids get reworked next year.

Again, this is just reading into Steves words which is pretty hard. He doesn't like certain molds and those are being either replaced or reworked.

And, I just can't use the mids. I've been probably 6 of each and just don't like them. I've had three Ibex that were flippy as all get out and one that was more OS than the Obexs I threw.

I know that certain molds of the obex are stable and others were flippy. They need a 4X4 setup.

Changing the weight is not a good solution. It changes up timing, release points, if your used to throwing a 175 weight ibex and then switch over to a 150 class ibex to try to hyzer flip you will be off and will not be consistant.

Not true for me and its not true for a lot of Vibram throwers. You throw them the same way but use the weight to change the stability. Not hard at all.

Plus, that's what field practice is for.

Not true for me and its not true for a lot of Vibram throwers. You throw them the same way but use the weight to change the stability. Not hard at all.

Plus, that's what field practice is for.

It adds variables to your game which to me can make you inconsistant. But if you practice for it then you do fine. i just would have to have like 5 light weights to only throw those at one time.

It adds variables to your game which to me can make you inconsistant. But if you practice for it then you do fine. i just would have to have like 5 light weights to only throw those at one time.

The Ibex and Obex lose a lot of glide at max weight. My 168 gram Ibex has freakish glide. If you ever get the chance, try out an Obex in the 165-168 range. It's a completely different disc at that weight.

The Ibex and Obex lose a lot of glide at max weight. My 168 gram Ibex has freakish glide. If you ever get the chance, try out an Obex in the 165-168 range. It's a completely different disc at that weight.

That sounds cool. Is your light weight ibex flippy or will it still go straight?

This is an interesting thought. I only have a heavy Obex, and don't really care for it. But I carry 3 Ibex's and definitely use the lighter one for long glidey stuff and the heavy ones for control.

Can anyone with a max weight ibex tell me if they will beat in to stop fading out of an anny?

My 173 would fade out when it was new now it just holds it.

I may be buying a 177 which is why I'm asking.

Latest posts