• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Can anyone with a max weight ibex tell me if they will beat in to stop fading out of an anny?

My 173 would fade out when it was new now it just holds it.

I may be buying a 177 which is why I'm asking.

I have heavier ibexes that do not come out of there lines with enough power. however they will not hyzer flip.

The Unlace is a GOD!!!
I parked a hole that was 290' today. It was the best off the teepad throw I have ever thrown.

I'm stoaked!!!

I parked a 400' hole downhill in a tailwind... you gotta play the conditions sometimes. Sometimes you play the hole... if it's a 300' right-turning wooded hole, I'll take out the unLace. It's a little flippy for me, but some of my other league mates find it pretty stable and predictable.

The unlace is more stable for me. When I throw it flat I'll get a nice turn at about 260' and a forward fade at the end of the flight.

I can't get it to hyzer flip unless I throw it extremely hard and it's never an accurate throw.
But if I put it on an anny there's no coming out of it.

What weight and rubber are you throwing? I've found that soft is the most OS, with medium being in the middle and firm is the most understable. Find a mid 160s firm.

166m unlace.
That distance may sound like nothing to you but before I got the unlace I was maxing out at 270ish and that was only on a great throw.

I just got a used 168F lace. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet I've only gotten to throw it in a field but it seems like a nice disc but I can't get it out there as far as I can the unlace... Or even my ibex for that matter.

Nope, totally different disc and feel.

At 44MPH it's one of the easiest discs to throw far. unLace that is. You should be able to hyzer flip it pretty easy if you are getting it out to 300 now. Try again lighter firm unLace.

unLace is a pretty good utility disc, even if you don't use it as your go-to driver... I've par'd, birdie'd, and eagle'd holes where I've had a bad drive, and then saved the hole by getting some extra distance from the fairway.

So. The Four20 disc that got pulled. Do they use that mold currently with a different name now?

From the Vibram Birdie Bash Championship Page:

Notch and Arch are unavailable
My apologies to those of you who selected the Notch or Arch as your drivers. The molds are not ready yet and we will not be able to fulfill these discs. I have selected some Ascents and Valleys which will hopefully come close to satisfying those of you who selected these molds.

http://www.birdiebash.com/championship.html

Still have a bit to wait for those discs...

Steve Dodge releases no disc before its time.

From the Vibram Birdie Bash Championship Page:

http://www.birdiebash.com/championship.html

Still have a bit to wait for those discs...

Steve Dodge releases no disc before its time.

Yeah, that's a shame! I'm sure Steve would've liked to have had those molds out in time for the Championship. He would've, if he could've... I'm sure a lot of people will be upset about that.

Anyways, it'll be nice to have some new Vibram discs to throw soon! I'd imagine they'll be out August or September at the latest! Both the Notch and the Arch sound like fine discs to me! I've enjoyed my Valley, but I still bag the Trak for fairway/controlled shots, because that's been a favorite disc of mine for years. I'd give the Valley flight ratings of 7 4 0 1. Changed those quite a bit, but it seems to be getting more accurate with more information. :D

Any top players throwing Vibram at Maple Hill this year? (*this is not a troll, I'm genuinely curious)

Importance of speed 6-7 discs

One thing I like about the discs Vibram is releasing is that they're working over the crucial speed 6-7 range. This is a critical slot, because it encompasses the true fairway drivers.

Here are a list of venerated speed 6-7 fairways that are available from Innova: TeeBird, Eagle, Leopard, Gazelle, Banshee

In recent years, Discraft has also had slow releases, but in 2012 and 2013 they came out with Zombee (speed 6) and Mantis (speed 8).

I think these examples illustrate the importance of that speed for many players. For newer players, it's their first driver that they can be consistent with. For more experienced players, it's the slot for go-to drivers in many situations.

The other speeds have a lot less 'classic' discs in them for each manufacturer, I think, because those speeds are more niche-oriented. Newer players are still figuring those discs out, whereas experienced players know what they want, and there's a lot more ways to handle those longer, more difficult shots.

I think my last comment in the post about the Arch and Notch might be interpreted as snarky.

Didn't mean that at all.

I would MUCH prefer someone take their time and get a product right.

I think my last comment in the post about the Arch and Notch might be interpreted as snarky.

Didn't mean that at all.

I would MUCH prefer someone take their time and get a product right.

No worries, it didn't come across as snarky at all.

Latest posts