• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I don't follow Vibram at all, but went to their site and saw this:

909671_orig.jpg

Has this been discussed here?

I don't follow Vibram at all, but went to their site and saw this:

909671_orig.jpg

Has this been discussed here?

I think that was announced some time ago. It would have to be less dense than liquid, not lighter than liquid. I think the ruling is that anything lighter than 150 g will float? Is that the case with the air injected blizzard champion?

I think the Vibram floaters have gotten pushed to the side with the release of the Valley, Notch, and Arch, which they've been working hard to get out. Vibram floaters would be nice, because there's a pretty poor selection of floaters available from the other manufacturers.

Just an FYI but I'm selling a proto Ridge on the page if you guys aren't on there.

attachment.php

The black one. Grey won't ever go anywhere.

Attachments

• 20150713_195612.jpg
    20150713_195612.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 149
Obex

Starting to like my Obex... seems to really like a lot of snap, which makes it quite a bit different than the Ibex. Had a pretty good shot today where the Obex just bent itself around a tree. I'd like to see a Roc do that! Made birdie on the hole!

I guess I meant to say 'I'd like to see a Roc bend itself around a tree'... the medium 174 held its line even after pancaking around a tree! Made birdie on the hole despite hitting a tree on a glancing blow about 50' from the hole! I've heard rumors of others doing this with softs, but this is the first experience I've had with a medium doing this.

I've tried more snap with my Obex, and it's worked with some success, but I'll continue to experiment. Generally, I don't snap my Ibex, as much as choose hyzer or anhyzer angle. Not a great anhyzer-thrower yet, but I should probably practice it more, considering that the unlace, Valley, and Ibex are great anhyzer discs.

Hit the tree, fold into itself, roll around the trunk, and then continue flying... pretty weird

I hit an ace with my med Ibex (sidearm, as if I'd throw any other way) the Thursday before Worlds that was pretty amazing in that it hit the left side of a tree about 20 feet off the tee. Continued forward, started to fade right. Hit the left side of another tree further on down the short hill, ricocheted upwards out further to the left. Glanced off the top of a short tree and dropped into the basket. A triple ricochet ace!

I hit an ace with my med Ibex (sidearm, as if I'd throw any other way) the Thursday before Worlds that was pretty amazing in that it hit the left side of a tree about 20 feet off the tee. Continued forward, started to fade right. Hit the left side of another tree further on down the short hill, ricocheted upwards out further to the left. Glanced off the top of a short tree and dropped into the basket. A triple ricochet ace!

That's pretty cool! If you're getting pretty good snap on your discs, then this will come into play with your Vibrams.

Hahaha awesome! Can't wait to try out my soft summit.
The soft ibex needs to be thrown very high or else it just hits the ground.

The softs show form flaws, so they're very unforgiving. I recently lost my soft Obex for this reason.

Tried my first Vibram disc yesterday, the Lace. I've got to admit I was very pleasantly surprised. The glide on that thing is tremendous. It was my friends so I ordered one for myself today :) Can't wait to get it onto the course.

I just got my glow ridge in the mail.
I'm actually surprised on how shallow the rim feels. Infinite discs says it's a 1.6cm rim depth but it doesn't feel like it!!