• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I just got my glow ridge in the mail.
I'm actually surprised on how shallow the rim feels. Infinite discs says it's a 1.6cm rim depth but it doesn't feel like it!!

It's pretty darn shallow. Has a nice stability to it, but it's not too overstable, like the VP is. Works well for all-around putting duties, but it's especially good at approaching the basket, off-the-tee...

Ordered my first Granite... lighter-weight Obex in medium. Hoping for something for hyzer-flipping with nice glide to it. The unLace fades back a lot on hyzer-flips so something slower will hold the line a lot better, I think... lost my soft Obex. I have a medium 173, but it's pretty stable-flier. Hoping for something a little flippier...

What weight obex did you get?

I also got a 174 glow unlace and it flys overstable... ?!?!
I wonder if it will beat in to normal. I also can't throw as hard right now because my neck hurts from sleepin in a car..

I also got a firm unlace that feels medium..

I think that was announced some time ago. It would have to be less dense than liquid, not lighter than liquid. I think the ruling is that anything lighter than 150 g will float? Is that the case with the air injected blizzard champion?

I think the Vibram floaters have gotten pushed to the side with the release of the Valley, Notch, and Arch, which they've been working hard to get out. Vibram floaters would be nice, because there's a pretty poor selection of floaters available from the other manufacturers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no I've had a few blizzard champions become boat anchors at the local course. Its always a sad day followed by a F*$K!!!!!!!!

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of that granite style look. It seems like it's going to be hard to locate after throws. It's cool looking, but not for every disc...

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of that granite style look. It seems like it's going to be hard to locate after throws. It's cool looking, but not for every disc...

Ironically, I just lost an orange Obex, which was picked up withing 24 hours, but they've never contacted me about giving it back, so I ordered a granite Obex.

To answer an earlier question, I went with a 167 +/-3 with a preference for a lighter weight. Weight seems to be a good way to change a disc's flight with Vibram. With other companies, an air injected plastic process will make a disc less stable, but it'll also be less durable. Not a problem with the Vibrams I've thrown, though they will beat-in. Why the floating rubbers should be pretty popular.

Oh well about the blizzard Champion, but I'm going to try it anyways... 150 g may/may not be the tipping point on the scale for floaters.

My 174 glow unlace is becoming my favorite of all 3 of my unlaces. When it turns it doesn't actually do a reverse meat hook like my 166m does it just kind of slides over without flipping and then slides back for a forward fade.

My 174 glow unlace is becoming my favorite of all 3 of my unlaces. When it turns it doesn't actually do a reverse meat hook like my 166m does it just kind of slides over without flipping and then slides back for a forward fade.

I've figured out to throw my unLace higher if it's turning to the right too much. Thrown higher discs will fade more. This works pretty well, but if you practice this technique too much you will eventually develop a slice, which I did. I tried fixing this slice with my soft Obex, and then I lost it, so be advised!

I've also learned to play the winds with the unLace. It's straight in a strong tailwind, whereas if the wind isn't directly behind the line it'll have more turn, if that makes sense.

Yeah that makes since.

I just charged it up and threw it in the park. My first time throwing a glow at night. Man it's awesome to watch it fly in the night.
I think I'm going to try and throw it high and see what happens since when I throw it low it flys way more stable than a 166m does for me. This should be interesting.

I don't follow Vibram at all, but went to their site and saw this:

909671_orig.jpg

Has this been discussed here?

I'm intrigued... would like to see what this is about, and would like to know when they'll run more glow. I'd love a glow Ibex and Unlace. Floater Unlace and Lace would be nice as well

I'm not sure what Vibrams plan is. I know they have the Notch and Arch that is supposed to be coming out as well as an understable mid called the Onyx, not sure on the spelling but i think float rubber will be on the back burner. Maybe Steve can explain a little more.

Steve Dodge, give me a reason to play my 4th Birdie Bash in a row next year - don't want distance drivers dude. Gimme a selection of fairways and mids to choose from.

Thanks.

o-Sole?

Sounds ridiculous but someone quizzed me about this one at the course the other day... shot 51 at Perham's Arvig Park, which is known as a tomahawk/thumber course. Vibram does pretty well with durability, which is what is needed for tomahawks/thumbers. Interested in trying the NEW Notch out, because a speed 7 is more desirable for these throws than a speed 14 o-Lace, which is what I'm using now.

Steve Dodge, give me a reason to play my 4th Birdie Bash in a row next year - don't want distance drivers dude. Gimme a selection of fairways and mids to choose from.

Thanks.

For the more experienced players, winning is always a plus. This year you got an invitation to the Birdie Bash Championships in Kalamazoo, MI.

For less experience players, the debut of the Valley. Beginning to see the true colors of the Valley. Definitely Leopard-like in the way it holds a right-turning line. That'll come in handy on some longer right-turning holes.

For the more experienced players, winning is always a plus. This year you got an invitation to the Birdie Bash Championships in Kalamazoo, MI.

For less experience players, the debut of the Valley. Beginning to see the true colors of the Valley. Definitely Leopard-like in the way it holds a right-turning line. That'll come in handy on some longer right-turning holes.

Its kind of weird with the Valley for me. I can hyzer flip it and it will pretty much always come out. i might need a lighter weight.

The Arch is becoming a nice fairway driver.

BUT.....

Old run ascents are where it is for me. The old X link is amazing.