• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

She pretty much dominated my bday. Also, thanks to Jay Dub for giving her advice on which basket to get!

She pretty much dominated my bday. Also, thanks to Jay Dub for giving her advice on which basket to get!

A "Like" button would once again be useful here! When Jay Dub told me about it I was like, "Whap-a-CHANG... DOMINATION!" lol. Have fun in Chicago this weekend!

R420 has a "wonky" dome (first pic). R419 looks like a UFO.

Aw finally the testers have the latest Vibram discs! So R420 is the overstable distance driver and R419 is the understand distance driver? Can't wait to try them out and find out what the names will be! If there are any testers in Minny that wouldn't mind me chucking their protos when they get them that would be pretty cool. I live in the Twin Cities area.

I noticed that but I figured it was just the release agent, guess not....new blends do feel great though. Mine took some nice tree hits some on strong flicks and still look ok, I still ran em under hot water to "reset" it lol and to see if the funky dome on the R420 was because of the mailman, it wasn't, and it's definitely made this way. Kinda weird.....I wanna flatten it hah.

So not a new disc but two new discs?!?!?! Vibram pretty much rocks. 420 sounds pretty overstable, I am curious to hear how it beats in for y'all. I wouldn't mind taking my Nuke OS out of the bag but was really hoping to get rid of my Nukes. I am starting to think that I really don't need a more understable Lace either. I have a pretty flippy one at 167g that is just about perfect for a flippy Max D driver at this point.

So not a new disc but two new discs?!?!?! Vibram pretty much rocks. 420 sounds pretty overstable, I am curious to hear how it beats in for y'all. I wouldn't mind taking my Nuke OS out of the bag but was really hoping to get rid of my Nukes. I am starting to think that I really don't need a more understable Lace either. I have a pretty flippy one at 167g that is just about perfect for a flippy Max D driver at this point.

the firms are generally a touch more overstable in my opinion if you are looking for a nuke replacement

Are the R419b different from just the R419? Just noticed mine has a "b" on it

Well someone was saying that the R419 feels like the first proto Laces that went out to testers so maybe the "B" is a slightly altered version of those discs.

Or maybe the Lace was r419a and the understable proto that went out then was r419b, and they just tweaked that disc a bit and resent it.