• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

So does anyone want to spare a R420 and send it to me? I received the R419 and its awesome. I would love to try the R420. Any testers live in South Carolina?

Once I finish testing my r420 I could loan it to you for a couple weeks if you would be willing to loan me your r419.

And that would be?.....

I've been told the ascent is more like a longer leopard but does better in headwinds compared to the track, which is like a newer run eagle x?

I was going to buy one this week but now I'm unsure which to get because I am looking for something that has better glide and not just a windy day juggernaut.

I think you mean the ascent is like an eagle x and the trak is likened to a leopard "which I would absolutely agree with these two comparisons". If you want a fairway driver that will handle a head wind then the ascent will bring much satisfaction, but it will not offer a lot of glide.

The Trak however is a completely different story. It has loads of glide, buttery in flight! But, the wind WILL play with it. Just find the heaviest one you can, or find an early run possibly.

For the longest time, I didn't even know there were two types of eagles lol. My first ace was with a dx eagle. It was naughty

Totally just ordered a red and a black VDG shirt! I'm not on the street team or tester team (yet) but still going to be repping Vibram on the disc golf course with my discs and shirts.

Totally just ordered a red and a black VDG shirt! I'm not on the street team or tester team (yet) but still going to be repping Vibram on the disc golf course with my discs and shirts.

They're the most comfy shirts ever! I bet that your rounds will get about 2 strokes better as a result of looking good on the course ;)

Every once in a while I wake up and pay attention. You all just caught me on a good day!

I think everyone else would agree that Vibram does just about the best job of any disc company as far as listening to their fan base goes. Being a fan and member of part of one of Vibram Disc Golf's teams is extremely rewarding. Thanks for all you do for the players, Mr. Dodge.

Awesome, going to pick up a black T to go along with my red. Really wish they had blue ones, but black is just as good!

And time for the fanboy to come out:

Damn, VPs and Ascents are awesome. My love for the VP is well known so I will just add: I found a whole new level of love for the VP once I started working on my flick approach game. As for Ascents, this mold does so much. I have a 169M I've abused that flies super straight and instead of beating in more it just keeps gaining glide, I have some that laugh at a headwind, and they power down so well that I feel like I don't need Vibram to produce the Mobex anymore (though I still WANT one). Such a predictable disc.

Had a few rough rounds so I just went out with two Ascents, an Ibex, and a VP... Best round in weeks. Those three discs are the heart and soul of my game.

/endfanboyism