• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

My thoughts exactly. And any update for whatever is coming after the o-lace?(a man can dream, right?)

I'm thinking it will probably be that massively overstable 420B that the testers got back in the summer. I've dubbed it the reLace. This would make sense. Honestly I don't care what is next as long as it is something legitimately OS. Mid or fwy or dd doesn't matter. Just OS!

I'm thinking it will probably be that massively overstable 420B that the testers got back in the summer. I've dubbed it the reLace. This would make sense. Honestly I don't care what is next as long as it is something legitimately OS. Mid or fwy or dd doesn't matter. Just OS!

Unless they have had more issues with the 420D the O-Lace is not going to be the 420B mold. I am still super excited about the 420B mold and can't wait for its release sometime next year. I also want to get my hand on an O-Lace that is between the Lace and the 420B, which by all the latest information I can find is the 420D. Last I heard Steve was going out to test the 420D later in the day. That was over a week ago though as I have not been online much lately.

Random question... Is the Ascent (and Trak for that matter) a speed 9? All the websites list them as 7s, but based on PDGA specifications (specifically rim width, depth, inside/outsider diameter, and width to diameter ratio), they have more characteristics in common with speed 9. Actually, as a matter of fact the Ascent is very, very similar to the PD when it comes to measurements.

Random question... Is the Ascent (and Trak for that matter) a speed 9? All the websites list them as 7s, but based on PDGA specifications (specifically rim width, depth, inside/outsider diameter, and width to diameter ratio), they have more characteristics in common with speed 9. Actually, as a matter of fact the Ascent is very, very similar to the PD when it comes to measurements.
7 sounds about right. They don't jump out of my hand like a Valk or Saint does. Really, they feel more like a 7.5-8 to me.

So I had a 180g medium vp that I recently lost :O It was marked a 176 originally but scaled way overweight. It was my go to versatile do anything putter and I miss it dearly. Is there any way or place to find one that heavy again or should I just buy a 175 and hope?

I guess the numbers do well when we are trying to compare discs, but honestly I do not like the disc rating systems all that much. I am not surprised that the numbers make them appear to be a speed 9. I still call them fairway drivers because that is what they are.

So I had a 180g medium vp that I recently lost :O It was marked a 176 originally but scaled way overweight. It was my go to versatile do anything putter and I miss it dearly. Is there any way or place to find one that heavy again or should I just buy a 175 and hope?

Max weight listed here is 175.1
http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDGA_approved_discs_101513.pdf
I would goto a shop that has a scale for customer use or buy from somewhere online that re-scales before they sell.

http://uberapparatus.com/lace-vibram-disc-golf/

I read this review that Vibram posted on their Facebook page and couldn't help but notice that they listed the release of the O-Lace to be early November. Speculation? Insider information? Steve??

Eh, I feel like this is old news. Pretty sure it is in this thread somewhere. This is also not certain as far as I can tell. At the same time I am crazy excited about the release of the OLace and even the MoLace sometime next year.

Eh, I feel like this is old news. Pretty sure it is in this thread somewhere. This is also not certain as far as I can tell. At the same time I am crazy excited about the release of the OLace and even the MoLace sometime next year.

You could be right I suppose. I thought I had read some post about maybe the release being closer to Black Friday. This is the first I had read about an early November release. Could just be speculation though.

You could be right I suppose. I thought I had read some post about maybe the release being closer to Black Friday. This is the first I had read about an early November release. Could just be speculation though.

I was probably the one that started the Black Friday rumor because that was their release date for the Lace. I can't believe it has been less than a year since the Lace came out. Feels like I have been throwing it for years. As soon as this 420D OLace comes out I am pretty sure my rating will fo up twice as much as it did this season with just that Lace.

If you had a Vibram discs over 175.5, you were very "lucky?" to find it. A couple years back, I caught some folks mis marking discs so they could put them in the box. This has since stopped.

When I visit a store with a scale, I always check a handful of our weights, and they are always within a half gram of correct.

The highest weight you will find in stores is 175 (178 for Ibex and Obex).

http://uberapparatus.com/lace-vibram-disc-golf/

I read this review that Vibram posted on their Facebook page and couldn't help but notice that they listed the release of the O-Lace to be early November. Speculation? Insider information? Steve??

That is a pretty cool website. Matt at Uber happened to email me on the day that we tested the O-Lace. I had one in my car (which I had hoped to keep) and decided it would do more good in his hands.

We are producing O-Laces as fast as we can and are trying to assure that we have enough of them before the launch so that we do not sell out. I will be sending samples out to retailers and our team as early as next week.

After that, we will announce a release date. Early November seems like a good guess, but we won't know for a couple weeks.

That is a pretty cool website. Matt at Uber happened to email me on the day that we tested the O-Lace. I had one in my car (which I had hoped to keep) and decided it would do more good in his hands.

We are producing O-Laces as fast as we can and are trying to assure that we have enough of them before the launch so that we do not sell out. I will be sending samples out to retailers and our team as early as next week.

After that, we will announce a release date. Early November seems like a good guess, but we won't know for a couple weeks.

This is awesome! I can't wait for the O-Lace! I've really started to like forehanding Destroyers and my Laces are close but just a little too flippy for me.

Great news! Time to start counting down the days even if we don't have an exact day yet.

Latest posts