• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

How do the softs perform? For instance in the wind? Roll aways?

I haven't had any wind problems with them. As far as rolling the online time I have had them roll is if I tried to throw a roller intentionally, but it didn't roll well. Usually if they hit the ground at an angle they will taco and sit. Occasionally you get a weird hop as a result of the disc springing back into shape, but the hops won't take you 30' past where it landed.

I've found I get a bunch of rolls with my soft Ridge on shortish (50') putt attempts. I haven't used it a ton, maybe 2-3 rounds, but I sure do seem to have bad luck with it. I haven't really gelled with my softs at all yet.

8059514_orig.jpg

All Things Disc Golf did a nice review:
http://allthingsdiscgolf.com/vibram-o-lace-disc-golf-review/

Those folks do a nice job of looking good too. Do good work and look good doing it, kind of like Patrick Stewart.

Mine O-Lace is pre ordered. Want to give a shout out to the awesome guys at Community Discs for their stellar customer service.

On another note is anybody else making up for not being able to cycle Vibram rubber (not a complaint) by carrying discs in varying weights?

You can cycle them though, it takes awhile. I had an ascent that hyzer flipped turnover on max distance shots, it was super beat. I don't use a summit much anymore because of a super beat ridge. The obex will get as straight as an ibex with more fade, it also hits some sick turnover lines thrown flat to anny. These are all medium discs I've beat to perfection. It can be done!

Three are on their way to me now…

I'm told the one on the right looks even cooler on the bottom (I already like the "paintbrush" like look on the top!).

Attachments

• olaces.jpg
    olaces.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 61
I have been throwing a Magnet as my main putter for years. I got a Vibram Ridge ,and gave it a try, and it has really lowered my scores. I hate to say it, but its now my main putter, and with my Clutch as my approach and driving putter, I no longer have any Magnets as my main putters.

Three are on their way to me now…

I'm told the one on the right looks even cooler on the bottom (I already like the "paintbrush" like look on the top!).

You will have to post pics of the bottom. I have never seen that coloring before.

I just wanted to pop in to say that the boiling water trip folks have talked out...yeah, that seems to work really well. I have an Ascent which had become decidely Trak-like and flat, flippy-as-hell Lace. I put them upside down on the top of a pot, filled the flight plate with boiling water and waiting around 15 minutes. They both returned to having modest domes. I threw them both a couple times this morning, and they fly like I'd hoped they fly....the Ascent has a healthy fade again and the Lace is no longer flippy.

Now my question is...how long will this last?

Quite a while, been throwing a first run lace since release and I can only remember doing the hot water trick once, flips up flat in a headwind and just goes.
That'd be great! My Ascent, I'd been throwing overhand a LOT for about two months, so I'm not surprised it'd lost stability. The Lace, I bought used and it was flat when I first got it....it was flippy from when I first received it. I was on the cusp of buying replacements...glad I tried this first.

So how is the O-Lace flying for everyone? I haven't ordered mine yet, still trying to build up some Paypal but I'll dip into my checking soon if my discs don't sell.

So how is the O-Lace flying for everyone? I haven't ordered mine yet, still trying to build up some Paypal but I'll dip into my checking soon if my discs don't sell.

I got out before the crazy storms on Sunday. With a crazy R to L cross/tail wind I absolutely murdered one. It was probably right around 500. Then later, throwing directly into that crazy wind I had it flip bad on me. That was kind of to be expected though as it was like 35-40 mph headwind.

Then the storm hit and I was done for the day.

I got out before the crazy storms on Sunday. With a crazy R to L cross/tail wind I absolutely murdered one. It was probably right around 500. Then later, throwing directly into that crazy wind I had it flip bad on me. That was kind of to be expected though as it was like 35-40 mph headwind.

Then the storm hit and I was done for the day.

I lost two discs in that storm. Sadly I didn't have my O-Lace to try out. The unlace did great in a nasty tailwind though.