• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Hey all:

Random question, but do you think Vibram will put out little teaser videos for the Lace, unLace and oLace like they did with all their other discs? Love seeing the Vibram pros make it look easy

Agreed. I'd like a Vibram Firebird/xXx. If I had that, I think I'd be pretty damn set.

Same here man! I throw all Vibram and that is honestly one of the main disc they are missing. Not trying to be critical because they put out top notch disc and I'm glad it takes them awhile to pump out new disc. They really are focused on getting the disc right (i.e there are 3 different versions of the O-lace). Hopefully by the end of Feb. we will know Vibrams plans.

Plus they have their hands full by trying to keep up with disc demand, which is sky rocketing from what I can tell.

Hey all:

Random question, but do you think Vibram will put out little teaser videos for the Lace, unLace and oLace like they did with all their other discs? Love seeing the Vibram pros make it look easy

I was thinking the same thing. Honestly I just like watching the videos; I've watched them all like 20 times :p

Same here man! I throw all Vibram and that is honestly one of the main disc they are missing. Not trying to be critical because they put out top notch disc and I'm glad it takes them awhile to pump out new disc. They really are focused on getting the disc right (i.e there are 3 different versions of the O-lace). Hopefully by the end of Feb. we will know Vibrams plans.

Plus they have their hands full by trying to keep up with disc demand, which is sky rocketing from what I can tell.
My glow Ascent is beefy as hell, so I might think about seeing if it would fit the MOFWY slot. The rim is much deeper than my other Ascents. But I really want to keep my glows solely for glow rounds, sooo....hmmm.

It looks like you and I have the about same mindset on our bags...I usually play with a Ridge, Ibex, Obex, Trak, Ascent and Lace in a NutSac single. I usually don't carry my VP or Summit, but after another Vibram release or two and I'll probably start using my double more and filling it up with those more niche (for me) molds.

Has anyone thrown the glow Traks yet? Flight thoughts? It seemed that most of mine were a little on the domey side of things, which leads me to believe they will fly slightly overstable.

I thought it flew very similar to the VO disc, but could be powered perfectly straight on a low line if needed. Wondering how it'll beat in, but figuring I'll need another one. Really like the blend/feel/flex on the glow run.

Just wanted to post up and update about my custom discs. I Placed my order 11/6 and he said they'd arrive at my house in around 2 weeks. I received them yesterday and I'm in love. I picked up two twin ridges for myself and they're everything I could have hoped for. Big thanks to Mr. Dodge and everyone that helps with the process.Will be ordering more in the future for our next tournament.

Just wanted to post up and update about my custom discs. I Placed my order 11/6 and he said they'd arrive at my house in around 2 weeks. I received them yesterday and I'm in love. I picked up two twin ridges for myself and they're everything I could have hoped for. Big thanks to Mr. Dodge and everyone that helps with the process.Will be ordering more in the future for our next tournament.

Well lets see some pics!

Hey Mr. Dodge! Any word yet on which retailers are going to have OLaces for sale on the 15th?

Stores that will have the O-Lace available on 11/15.
Great Outdoor Provision Company
Hazardiscs
Discs Unlimited
Frisbeepoint
Community Discs
Flying Disc Pro Shop
Rock 30 Games
Hyzer Farm
PNW Team Sports
Infinity's End
Infinite Discs
Cape Fear Games
Disc Golf Center
Honey Bear Hollow
Marshall Street
Disc Nation (will be arriving early next week as we were holding the order due to lack of inventory)

There are others that have ordered and we are trying to rebuild our inventory to fulfill their orders.

Hey all:

We are working on 30 second spots for the O-Lace and unLace which will be in the same vein as the spot for the Lace.

Well I will probably have about 10 tabs up on the 15th picking out my favorites then.

On a separate note I have noticed numbers, other than the flight characteristics, molded into the bottom of my discs. Are these run numbers?

I have a dream. A dream that one day I will step onto the 1st tee wearing my disc-golf-specific FiveFingers, carrying my Vibram bag, which is, of course, filled exclusively with the sweetest variety of Vibram discs imaginable. That is my dream!!! Live it with me Steve Dodge!!!

Oh, and a rubber material that skips as well as Champ/Z/Opto. Down here in South Texas, skip is important feature of many shots, especially in the drought-stricken 100+ degree days in the summer.

Oh, and a rubber material that skips as well as Champ/Z/Opto. Down here in South Texas, skip is important feature of many shots, especially in the drought-stricken 100+ degree days in the summer.

Are you throwing mediun or firms? My firms skip great on grass and hardpack, only place where I see it not skip as well is tarmac. They don't seem as skip friendly at odd angles, but I like that.

I have a dream. A dream that one day I will step onto the 1st tee wearing my disc-golf-specific FiveFingers, carrying my Vibram bag, which is, of course, filled exclusively with the sweetest variety of Vibram discs imaginable. That is my dream!!! Live it with me Steve Dodge!!!
I'd live that dream with ya!

The Iphone pic doesn't do it justice. Our logo is black and white so the white discs were not a problem. I love that for the driving putters he stamped right over the Vibram Logo with the black and white, but all the other discs the white just wasn't stamped so the speckles show through. The stamp is a little slick but there's no fingers that go there so it's fine. Can't wait to get my first round in with the new rubber. So far putting is superb and I can just imagine it getting better.
996058_737154302965997_2125123002_n.jpg

Great Outdoor Provision Company
Hazardiscs
Discs Unlimited
Frisbeepoint
Community Discs
Flying Disc Pro Shop
Rock 30 Games
Hyzer Farm
PNW Team Sports
Infinity's End
Infinite Discs
Cape Fear Games
Disc Golf Center
Honey Bear Hollow
Marshall Street
Disc Nation (will be arriving early next week as we were holding the order due to lack of inventory)

There are others that have ordered and we are trying to rebuild our inventory to fulfill their orders.

Thank you Steve!

I got my preorder in at Infinate Discs and can't wait to get my package in the mail.

Community Discs
Thanks for the free plug Steve. The O-Laces look great just like the first batch of unLaces!