• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I spent about 1/2 an hour looking a pictures of the pretty Vibrams at Community discs today. */sigh/*

I was going to suggest that you might want to hold off on purchasing any Vibram until the 22nd. They are running a promotion that if you buy 3 discs, you get a T-shirt. I am feeling kinda raw about it since I bought my Glow, Softs, and O-Laces already and NOW they have this promo. :)

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/free-tee.html

UGH. I just snagged three Laces myself, two from Community and one from my friendly local disc golf retailer. Kinda a bummer. :(

Tested my olaces against 3 laces, 2 mediums 1 glow. The olace handled 20 mph winds fantastically, my laces bombed but turned over, naturally the olace wouldn't budge unless I threw it with an anhyzer. There it shined! It is surprisingly glidey.
My olaces: 2 firm 1 medium

Attachments

• IMG_20131118_161357_665.jpg
    IMG_20131118_161357_665.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 31
Tested my olaces against 3 laces, 2 mediums 1 glow. The olace handled 20 mph winds fantastically, my laces bombed but turned over, naturally the olace wouldn't budge unless I threw it with an anhyzer. There it shined! It is surprisingly glidey.
My olaces: 2 firm 1 medium

What weights did you pick up?

Cool, I had no idea they'd be available in Firm already. That's cool that it was a simultaneous release.

So discgolfcenter.com has the O-Lace rated as 13 6 0 4. On the other hand, inboundsdiscgolf.com has the O-Lace rated closer to Destroyer/Boss stability (less HSS). For those who have the O-Lace and have thrown it, which of these ratings do you think is the most accurate?

I dont know what is happening to me!! I have resisted the call of the rubber for so long! But now I must make a vibram bag! I have a couple of ridges in medium and firm and a summit in medium that is it though! So questions to my vibram peeps: Which blend of plastic should I get for the mids and drivers? I am thinking of getting mostly max weight, but is there any one mold you would suggest trying in a lighter weight? thanks!

So far I've had 2 guys with longer arms then mine and they couldn't flip it. I'd say the 13/6/0/4 is accurate, but I could see the comparison made just by how tight of a line it flies. Under very high speed flight it is ridiculously straight with no fear of flipping and a super glidey hard fade.

hendryxdisc.

I carry a light (mid 150's) Summit and Ibex for upshots. Both are medium and are a couple of my oldest Vibram discs. They'll beat in a bit faster but they last.

I carry the drivers and fairways in upper 150's to 160's. I also carry a 165 ibex to turn over or for finesse shots.

Just got my O-Lace today (167M) - thanks to Justin @ CommunityDiscs.com Will have to wait until Saturday to unleash it though. Hate fall/winter!
Stopped throwing Lace because it was too flippy (RHFH), so I hope the O-Lace can handle some snap.
Would be great to have some of that awesome Vibram glow. Hope there will be more to come.
Better yet, it would be nice to see Vibram's version of a Gator -- hint, hint.

I have two O-Laces sitting on my steps just waiting to be thrown. Unfortunately I have bitten off more than I can shew for the next couple of weeks and will probably not throw them until Saturday. I guess I should say, I won't throw one of them until Saturday.

Did anyone else notice a slightly different feel to their O-Laces. Mine have gone back to the slightly greesey look but are actually quite grippy. The UnLaces and Laces had more of a matte finish to them.

Now it is on to even more overstable discs for Vibram.

After more lurking about on the other vibram threads, it seems that people like the feel of firm best but the medium beats in the slowest correct? for the Lace which x-link blend is tending to be the most stable?

8858876_orig.jpg

Promotion Details (and link to claim your free shirt): http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/free-tee.html

This would include discs purchased at our store:
http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/store.html#!/~/category/id=6919005&offset=0&sort=nameAsc

Keep it quiet, let's see how long this can be kept quiet. :popcorn:

After more lurking about on the other vibram threads, it seems that people like the feel of firm best but the medium beats in the slowest correct? for the Lace which x-link blend is tending to be the most stable?
I find the Medium Lace (and every modle for that matter) is more stable. I'd also like to give a huge thumbs up for Medium. I throw Vibram at least 75% of my throws and I really don't like the Firm.

You might be seeing more people talk about Firm on here but Vibram sells many more Mediums than they do Firms.