• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I remove the flashing with a table top grinder. Don't push hard, just place it against the spining wheel and rotate the disc at the same time. Don't use a wire brush wheel though, it really chews the disc up fast.

Also, is Vibram switching over to the new flight number diagram (from inBounds) on all the discs or just the laces right now?

I just use an emory board. Just takes a few minutes of work. I've had a few discs that were chewed up on the edge from the factory.

what is the best way to remove flash from vibram discs.

Stand on asphalt. Hold the disc perpendicular to the asphalt. Spin the disc out of your hand with a rapid upward motion, it should hit the asphalt and go backwards. Repeat.

Huh, I've never had any problems with flashing on Vibram discs, don't know if I've ever even got one with flashing.

Huh, I've never had any problems with flashing on Vibram discs, don't know if I've ever even got one with flashing.

There used to be more issues with this before Steve got a hold of the quality control guys. Now the discs come out pretty good for the most part. I haven't had an issue with this in a while but my guess is if you let Steve know about it he would be more than willing to trade discs with you to make sure you got exactly what you want.

There used to be more issues with this before Steve got a hold of the quality control guys. Now the discs come out pretty good for the most part. I haven't had an issue with this in a while but my guess is if you let Steve know about it he would be more than willing to trade discs with you to make sure you got exactly what you want.

Yeah Steve is great about replacing a product if it's not up to his high standard of quality.

And I'm sure there are Vibram discs with flashing, I just honestly can't remember seeing flashing on any Vibram disc in my two years of buying them.

Anybody play a Birdie Bash yet? Are the disc colors as awesome as last years or are there a lot of "white" colored discs arriving? Post a picture of your players pack if you can!

Here are my three discs I got from the Birdie Bash. Red, white, and blue ascent. Orange Lace and blue Sole.

Attachments

• Ascent.jpg
    Ascent.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Lace.jpg
    Lace.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Sole.jpg
    Sole.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 6
Yeah Steve is great about replacing a product if it's not up to his high standard of quality.

And I'm sure there are Vibram discs with flashing, I just honestly can't remember seeing flashing on any Vibram disc in my two years of buying them.

You are blind. I just spent 30 minutes taking it off a ridge I've had for two years.

Hmmmm

:popcorn:

You are blind. I just spent 30 minutes taking it off a ridge I've had for two years.

Right on man, I guess I am blind. I wasn't saying there aren't Vibrams with flashing. In fact, I said that basically word for word... so maybe it isn't my vision that's the problem.

Port Angeles birdie bash

Just signed up for my first birdie bash...so excited to finally get the chance to attend one! It will be at Lincoln Park in Port Angeles on 4/27. Combine this with Monday and Tuesday off from work and ending with a Machester Orchestra concert in Seattle and it's going to be the best mini vacation in a long time.

I've yet to see the course, so I had to choose my discs based upon reviews:

Lace 160-169 XLM $0.00
Ridge 170-172 XLM $10.00
Summit 170-172 XLM $0.00

I don't have a big arm, so a Lace is plenty stable for me, and can still hold a nice long anny line if needed. I'll be way out in right field if there is a strong head wind :(
I paid for the third disc (the Ridge) in case the day is windy.

Any one else going?

Jeff
Current favorite disc: soft unLace

Guys

1939691_10153822410925184_1814587429_o.jpg

Just signed up for my first birdie bash...so excited to finally get the chance to attend one! It will be at Lincoln Park in Port Angeles on 4/27. Combine this with Monday and Tuesday off from work and ending with a Machester Orchestra concert in Seattle and it's going to be the best mini vacation in a long time.

I've yet to see the course, so I had to choose my discs based upon reviews:

Lace 160-169 XLM $0.00
Ridge 170-172 XLM $10.00
Summit 170-172 XLM $0.00

I don't have a big arm, so a Lace is plenty stable for me, and can still hold a nice long anny line if needed. I'll be way out in right field if there is a strong head wind :(
I paid for the third disc (the Ridge) in case the day is windy.

Any one else going?

Jeff
Current favorite disc: soft unLace

Your extra disc may be the one you're using during the round, the company filling orders shafted me and a buddy who ordered the extra. I didn't get my 170-172 ridge xlf but the 150 class ridge I got as extra to use for the event. Was kinda upset it wasnt firm either but i knew that was subject to availability, didn't think I'd get shafted a disc though. just a heads up.

Your extra disc may be the one you're using during the round, the company filling orders shafted me and a buddy who ordered the extra. I didn't get my 170-172 ridge xlf but the 150 class ridge I got as extra to use for the event. Was kinda upset it wasnt firm either but i knew that was subject to availability, didn't think I'd get shafted a disc though. just a heads up.

You did get a 150 class Ridge, eh? Was looking to get one for my next VBB. Are you liking it? Is it glide-y? Or no?