• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth? (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^i kind of agree...ebay prices are very misleading and can lead newer buyers/collectors in the wrong direction

How is it leading anyone in the wrong direction? I think its a very fair way to judge what its worth. Anything is only worth what someone's willing to pay. He has several helpful examples of what discs are selling for. Maybe you could graph up what discs are selling for on here.

He is helping in one way or another, I find those graphs very helpful. You do NOT speak for everyone.

cuz ebay has shill bidding..were a seller has an alternate account to try and drive prices up...therefor..wrong direction

also i find my self bidding out of anger sometimes..and i end up paying to much just to win the battle

cuz ebay has shill bidding..were a seller has an alternate account to try and drive prices up...therefor..wrong direction

Not everyone is shill bidding, That does not happen often. Its a very safe way to judge disc price especially when he has several examples.

2004 Christmas Sidewinder

Was going through some stuff today at my house and came across this disc. Its 169g and super flat (sidewinder). It also appears to have the proto star within the christmas stamp (left hand corner). Just curious on what this one might be worth (got lucky to have been given the disc while working at my local PIAS in 2004 :thmbup:)

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 35
Why is the guy a few posts above still providing ebay price quotes. We are informed buyers not uneducated overpaying ebayers. Those prices are only good on ebay. lol It's getting annoying

Maybe that's why he only has 18 trades/sales whatever.

Spidey I agree your se rhyno is in the 50-60 range.

If everyone is an informed buyer why is there a "What is this disc worth" thread?

I have actual data, not guesses. Sure ebay might be on the high end compared to this site and what you may find locally, but that doesn't change what some people will pay for discs. Ebay selling prices show international supply and demand. The supply/demand here and where ever you live is on a smaller scale. Take the prices that I have recorded and subtract the 10% ebay fee and the 2.80 is shipping...what do you have? If a seller anywhere is getting less than that number they are short changing themselves.

If you think its annoying please put me on your ignore list.

4 chain ghost stamp z magnet. 9/10 cause of storage wear.

Was going through some stuff today at my house and came across this disc. Its 169g and super flat (sidewinder). It also appears to have the proto star within the christmas stamp (left hand corner). Just curious on what this one might be worth (got lucky to have been given the disc while working at my local PIAS in 2004 :thmbup:)

I do not have any info for a Champion Sidewinder w/ a Christmas stamp. So, here is some data for the 1st Run Mini star stamp Champion Sidewinder and the 2004 Christmas Stamped Star Sidewinder.
5wD4Rl.jpg

people always with the hate on for new stuff

despite the hard time being given there are probably plenty of people who find the presentation of the information helpful

Whether or not the ebay prices are exact, I don't think he's harming anyone by posting them. If you don't like them, then ignore them. Too much information is seldom a bad thing.

Do those ebay prices show only discs people are bidding on or any disc with the name in it? Because people put discs up with outrageous prices on ebay all the time that never get bid on.

Do those ebay prices show only discs people are bidding on or any disc with the name in it? Because people put discs up with outrageous prices on ebay all the time that never get bid on.

I'm fairly sure he went through sold/completed listings that ONLY sold. Nothing listed did not sell.

I'm fairly sure he went through sold/completed listings that ONLY sold. Nothing listed did not sell.

This is correct. There is a bunch of discs on EBAY that are on perpetual rotation that are listed for high prices, and once in a great while somebody does buy one. Whatever I post, look for the average, that's what is most significant.

Alright, yeah I don't really see a problem with those posts then. Shill Bidding isn't happening all the time and while the samples are huge, they do help see what people might be willing to pay for them.

This is correct. There is a bunch of discs on EBAY that are on perpetual rotation that are listed for high prices, and once in a great while somebody does buy one. Whatever I post, look for the average, that's what is most significant.

Yup, I constantly search for "innova gazelle" and I laugh every time I see the red first run proto star one for $500. Have to resist every urge to message the guy every time I see it.

An identical disc sold for $200 on ebay via bids a week or two ago.

I agree posting an average of a bunch of completed ebay listings is useful.

A disclaimer that says that DGCR Marketplace prices are usually at least 10% lower than ebay prices might help too.

Personally, I am all for the postings by Mr Anderson.
Completely useful.
Some caveats:
First, as someone already stated, ebay listings are a little inflated compared to MP sales. 10%, maybe more.

Second, you have to ignore "outliers", high and low. Sometimes discs slip through the cracks. If you're patient, you can bag some real deals on ebay, but that also applies to MP. OTOH, Bidding wars will occasionally drive up one disc, which also doesn't nullify the info provided. Ignore the highs and lows. The right price is usually somewhere in the middle.

Third, as I've always said, the price is determined by the money that changes hands, not what I think it should cost. If MrAnderson's numbers seem a little off, maybe you're the one who's off. No offense intended.

Fourth and last, the numbers posted by MrAnderson don't take a lot of intangibles/preferences into account, such as color, appearance, stamp, etc. So a little ambiguity/inconsistency is understandable.

I haven't read through the whole thread, but after my initial "aggravation" at MrAnderson's contribution, I value them as addtional "data points" to be considered.
Thank you, MrAnderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts