• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
vxdoy.jpg

10/10 175 P-PD What's this one worth fellow disc golfers?

Anyone know anything about this? Value? How many were made?

Mr andersen presents the only actual evidence in this thread. The rest of you are expressing opinions, which, one could argue are cluttering the thread as well. I dont understand why anyone would be opposed to this information being made available. The thread is called "what is this disc worth" and mr andersens charts present facts to help answer that exact question. So get over it. You dont have to look at them if you dont want to

Not that anyone would want one, But, What would you people pay for a TI Buzzz SS? I have a couple that DD forced on me a year or two ago.

I don't know a exact number, but I have seen a few go for a decent amount. At one point I saw one fetch like $80 or something, but I doubt you would get that now that the Ti craze has died down. I don't think $35 or so would be unfair to ask for one. Maybe even more.

Because it clutters the thread unnecessarily? There were already 2 answers to his question, why add more?

So you want me to stop posting charts because it takes too much effort to scroll past them?

Yes there were two answers, but I believe I added to the conversation by showing data revealing why the disc was probably not worth $100.

So you want me to stop posting charts because it takes too much effort to scroll past them?

I agree that this is a moronic argument against the charts. Nearly every thread on this site has multiple posts, sometimes pages of them, that could be considered 'clutter'. The spreadsheets are not clutter. They are quite often the most valuable posts in this entire thread.

Keep it up, Mr. Anderson.

The Potential

Some collectors do not care for this kind of information, this is for the rest of the collectors.
First Run Star Stamped Destroyers
All New
Weights 169g-179g
36 discs in sample

7jE7tFGl.jpg

The most important thing on that graph is the straight line (average price over time) going from $52 to $68 in a 5.5 month period.

I've got no skin in the game, so this really doesn't amount to a hill of beans and I'll mix metaphors like a mofo. I do like checking out this thread, just to see what people consider collectible and/or rare and what people are paying for stuff. Plus all the pictures are great. I'm not a collector, but this thread is just a good read.

All that being said, as long as I've been following this thread Mr. Anderson has been the only one consistently providing data to support his replies. He doesn't seem to be speculating or saying or "I heard some guy sold a disc just like that for $60 a couple months ago."

He's got data and has obviously taken a lot of time and put a lot of effort into compiling, organizing and now analyzing it. The price v/s time line graph is a super slick way to visualize trends over time, and maybe it's just that I'm a science guy, but I really dig it. I say keep up the good work, my man.

I think people are just upset that he's bringing real world prices to this small community where prices are usually lower. That's my understanding. I don't really want to fuel the fire.

I like charts and numbers so I'm all for it.

Love the posts with actual data. That's far more important than just out of the blue speculation and sample sizes of one (maybe 2 or 3) personal experience.

That being said I don't believe you can conclude from that graph that the price is rising anymore than the value of the dollar depreciating slowly over time. If you trim the data by just two points the line is almost flat...definitely seems like a non-significant finding at this point. There might be enough to suggest that a trend may be forming but that's about as far as I'd go.

Do you have the r and r^2 values of the graph by chance? I'm curious.

The most important thing on that graph is the straight line (average price over time) going from $52 to $68 in a 5.5 month period.

What, no adjustment factor for seasonality or 95% predictive regression intervals?

Seems like it would be easier to read if you just keep doing your excel spreadsheets and add an extra row at the bottom that says average price. The price trending over time is not really an indicator of what it will keep doing as the market on discs fluctuate wildly and using ebay as a future price predictor seems like a bad idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.