• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr andersen presents the only actual evidence in this thread. The rest of you are expressing opinions, which, one could argue are cluttering the thread as well. I dont understand why anyone would be opposed to this information being made available. The thread is called "what is this disc worth" and mr andersens charts present facts to help answer that exact question. So get over it. You dont have to look at them if you dont want to

quoted for truth

Seems like it would be easier to read if you just keep doing your excel spreadsheets and add an extra row at the bottom that says average price. The price trending over time is not really an indicator of what it will keep doing as the market on discs fluctuate wildly and using ebay as a future price predictor seems like a bad idea.

QFT.

I don't believe you can conclude from that graph that the price is rising anymore than the value of the dollar depreciating slowly over time. If you trim the data by just two points the line is almost flat...definitely seems like a non-significant finding at this point. There might be enough to suggest that a trend may be forming but that's about as far as I'd go.

Do you have the r and r^2 values of the graph by chance? I'm curious.

I completely agree with you, it will take awhile to get enough data to see any kind of real trend. I was just showing the possibility of the numbers being gathered. r^2 was 0.2594 and is a borderline weak correlation.

Thoughts on value. 2 se t-birds brand new with copious flashing. Rainbow is 174.

Attachments

• 2013-05-03_22-28-31_548.jpg
    2013-05-03_22-28-31_548.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 2013-05-03_22-28-53_649.jpg
    2013-05-03_22-28-53_649.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 10
I think people are just upset that he's bringing real world prices to this small community where prices are usually lower. That's my understanding. I don't really want to fuel the fire.

I like charts and numbers so I'm all for it.

bingo....hard to talk someone down after seeing his charts. truth is this is where i look for discs. i offer on stuff i like and usually offer fair prices. i'm wrong a lot too. so the charts are the only actually data. remember too ebay costs like 20% so if it goes for 50 there you know the seller got about 40 after fees and shipping and such.

i like the charts...I will say the graph is horrible. ;)

bingo....hard to talk someone down after seeing his charts. truth is this is where i look for discs. i offer on stuff i like and usually offer fair prices. i'm wrong a lot too. so the charts are the only actually data. remember too ebay costs like 20% so if it goes for 50 there you know the seller got about 40 after fees and shipping and such.

i like the charts...I will say the graph is horrible. ;)

It's not what the seller got, it's what the person was willing to pay for the disc. This is why a lot of the sellers are moving to those Facebook groups. Same prices but no fees.

Seems like it would be easier to read if you just keep doing your excel spreadsheets and add an extra row at the bottom that says average price. The price trending over time is not really an indicator of what it will keep doing as the market on discs fluctuate wildly and using ebay as a future price predictor seems like a bad idea.

Oh but graphs and data are so wonderful to look at. I'd much rather these graphs than the charts.

It is a frikkin disc that some people like and some people dont, In the end who really gives a ****. Go play the stock market.

lynch+mob.jpg

Those Facebook groups are a joke. Discs are selling for considerably above what they'd sell for even on eBay.

2007 DX Rocs for $40, Proto-star Minis for $25? **** that noise.

Buzzz KiLLL !

Wow you guys , this used to be a daily thread for me !

Talk about Buzzz Killl !

I love seeing and reading/ learning about old discs , just started out a couple years ago and didn't have the chance to grow up learning the sport . I'm only 52 and you guys sound like a bunch of old dudes with basket balls dropping inside your fence , yelling at the kids to " stay outta my yard ! "

It seems like you dont realize how lucky you are to have a dozen courses to choose from , and can't decide which tourney to play this weekend .

I just love this sport , wish I checked it out 15 years ago when one of the kids at work told me he was going to play.....

And now to the regularly scheduled programming , I hope .....

Would a new 1995 DX rainbow, circle-stamped Raven be of any value?

10-15, nothing great. Cool stamp though.

It seems like you dont realize how lucky you are to have a dozen courses to choose from , and can't decide which tourney to play this weekend .

What are you talking about? There is nothing to suggest that. We're just arguing the efficiency of using ebay prices and possibly throwing in some personal bias in for good measure.

Is there any way anyone could give me a step by step guide on how to post pics on here? I took some pics of some fantastic plastic I have on my iphone and put them on my computer. I am still unable to figure out how to post them. When I click on the insert image tab, it wants me to insert a URL of my image. Is there a way to just click on the pictures from my comp and insert them?? Thanks in advance.

Is there any way anyone could give me a step by step guide on how to post pics on here? I took some pics of some fantastic plastic I have on my iphone and put them on my computer. I am still unable to figure out how to post them. When I click on the insert image tab, it wants me to insert a URL of my image. Is there a way to just click on the pictures from my comp and insert them?? Thanks in advance.

Upload them to a hosting website like www.imgur.com and copy the
tags with the link to here.

EDIT: And to everyone that (for some reason) likes the eBay data, why don't you just find it yourself? It's not like Mr. Andersen is the only one that can do it. You just go to eBay and search under 'Sold Listings'.

That's what bothers me the most about the charts; why ask someone else to look up eBay data for you? Are you too lazy to do it yourself? Mr. Andersen doesn't provide any information that you couldn't find yourself, whereas folks like Apdrvya and Three Putt can give thoughts and info you might not be able to just look up yourself.

EDIT: $40 on the 11x Teebird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.