• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

100ft from the basket. What do you do?

What do you do when you're 100ft from the basket?

• Throw a putter straight at it to lay up

Votes: 106 32.9%
  • Throw a midrange straight at it to lay up

Votes: 27 8.4%
  • Go for it with your putter

Votes: 119 37.0%
  • Go for it with your midrange

Votes: 27 8.4%
  • Go for it hard with a driver

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Take a big hyzer line with your putter

Votes: 40 12.4%

• Total voters
z buzzz with a little hyzer. if it goes in, it's a good day. If not, it's an easy lay up.

Most courses I play around here are heavily wooded, so there often isn't a jump putt line. I just try to get as close to the basket as possible.

150-200 feet is where the buzzz gets iffy for me. too many blow-bys
My Buzz doesn't come out unless its a minimum of 225ft.

Anything 220 or less is the Magnet

I use my Soft Magnet for shots 130ft and more, so for 100ft, I approach on a ever so slight hyzer with a Pro D Magnet . If the celing is low, and I need more glide, I throw the Soft Magnet

Anyone can throw a putter at least 75-100ft with practice. Don't be afraid to throw that putter

if you miss you are still closer and if your going for a 100 ft putt you should be able to make a 50 ft putt.

I jump putt at it, because why wouldnt you? Even if you miss your going to be within 20'.

My thoughts exactly. With a jump putt, even if it misses, it will still be similar to a layup. However, you're still giving yourself a chance to make it. :thmbup:

I'm going to hyzer at it with my D Zone. I throw this shot with a ton of spin. If it misses the basket, the spin will stop it dead in its tracks, for the easy putt from there.

Disclaimer: I still haven't played a par game. Lately floating between 2-5 over so I'm pushing myself to just play it straight, lay it up, take my par, and proceed. Also if no wind I've been working on an elevator shot. If you make it right on. If you don't you're still a drop in on the basket.

I always hate this shot, If I use a wasp or buzzz and throw it low I can almost 99% slide it right up to the pin but throwing midrange for chains straight Buzzz, big hyzer or slight anhyzer Wasp. The wasp tends to be safer even if I miss chans where as the buzzz loves to fly and fly and fly :|

if the green is super fast i might just toss a scoob up to the basket so it doesnt fly down a giant unforgiving hill

The left one. Straight at it. For the chains.

attachment.php

Jump putting w/ the Wizard. If you come up short, or go a bit long instead of sinking it, then you've got a make able putt afterwards. Hit a 60' footer this morning; same jump putt, same Wizard.

Throw a wizard straight at it. I have hit more big approach/putts with the wizard than any other disc. 200ft and in is "go for it" range.

Depending in wind and elevation I use one of four different weight and bead aviars for anything less than 150. Usually end up 20-5 feet away.

If I have a clear shot, I'll just use the Wizard to lay up.
I try to play conservatively... go for the easy par and let the birdies come when they do. Occasionally I'll hit one of those up shots and feel pretty good! :hfive:
I hate "going for it" and somehow blowing it and end up two putting. :mad:
More than anything it depends on the conditions and the situation.

Probably jump putt. A lot matters on wind, terrain, etc. though

I said go for it with my putter. But in actuality, it depends on the terrain around it. If there is a creek or a slope near the basket, I will lay it up with my putter. But more often than not I go for it.

Go for it, but not so "blasty" so it flies way past.

50/50 It's either going in. or sitting right there by the bucket if it misses.

Latest posts