• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

100ft from the basket. What do you do?

What do you do when you're 100ft from the basket?

• Throw a putter straight at it to lay up

Votes: 106 32.9%
  • Throw a midrange straight at it to lay up

Votes: 27 8.4%
  • Go for it with your putter

Votes: 119 37.0%
  • Go for it with your midrange

Votes: 27 8.4%
  • Go for it hard with a driver

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Take a big hyzer line with your putter

Votes: 40 12.4%

• Total voters
I'd definitely play it conservatively with a putter. I'd rather have the approach, than risk overshooting the basket. Especially if the basket is on a hillside. Now, if there was a line of trees directly behind it, I might be a little more gutsy and try for it.

I'm gonna throw a Wizard on almost anything inside 200'. How I throw it from 100' is going to depend on the situation.

well i voted lay up with putter , because I ain't gonna make anything from 100 anyways, but it can depend on the conditions. I might use anything from my wizard to comet to predator, depending on what the shot calls for. If it's wide open, then i'd go for it, but not make it anyways. If you say you can make 50% of everything from 100, you must be high.

Depending on the trees and available lines I want to make the shot. Sure, I realize I rarely will, but if I could hit one a round it would be nice. I'll usually try to throw a Wizard right at it, but have thrown big hazers, anny's and anything else that will give me a chance. Only way I want to lay up is if the green is very dangerous.

I'll either go for a long putt (I don't jump putt, but I walk through for a little extra oomph) or take a hyzer line that has a chance to go in but will stick close depending on wind and terrain.

I would go for nice throw to basket. But if there is hazards around the basket then I ll lay up.

If I have the room and correct wind, what I do is throw a stall shot with my putter. I try to get the disc to stall maybe 5' to the right and maybe 10' above the ground and let the fade drop it in the basket. If it doesn't go in it is very close. I hit a shot from 120' like that today (for par, after going OB :wall:).

I don't release it with any angle other than nose-up. Give it a lot of spin to keep it straight until the stall

I will generally pull out my old Dx Shark and just go for the chains. I have beat in this disc enough where i have had a number of shots made from over 50 feet. My friends that i play against hate when i use this disc mostly cause they have a great shot and think they can gain a stroke on me. Then i make a shot from long distance and they hate me even more.

Wow. A lot of jump putters in here.
I'm not laying up inside of 100' but I'm also not going to hang myself out to dry, either.

I'll take whatever shot I need to to "go for it" and stay relatively safe in the rare case I don't make it ;) the only time I ever intentionally layup is if theres angry terrain around.
Voodoo or Jokeri depending on shot and conditions.

... butt 100 feet in im thinking i go for it with my mid.. i dont like throwing putters that far.

Being a newer player, I can understand you saying that, but I think that Midranges just come in too fast for distances that short, and you can way overshoot the basket, and they don't stick to the chains as well as a putter would.

I don't throw a midrange on anything under 210ft. The more you try to throw your putter far, the more comfortable you will become with it.

Well, I use a 176 very soft magnet so I know if it hit the chains its staying and if it doesn't it won't roll outside of my 18' sure putt range. So, I usually go for it depending on the terrain and surroundings. If it is slightly uphill though I would use my dead beat DX shark that doesn't fade at all and will just drop n stop, or hit the chains.

i go for it but use a lofty putt so if i miss it stays close. if i cant use a lofty putt ill lay us rather than blow past it

Latest posts