• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

100ft from the basket. What do you do?

What do you do when you're 100ft from the basket?

• Throw a putter straight at it to lay up

Votes: 106 32.9%
  • Throw a midrange straight at it to lay up

Votes: 27 8.4%
  • Go for it with your putter

Votes: 119 37.0%
  • Go for it with your midrange

Votes: 27 8.4%
  • Go for it hard with a driver

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Take a big hyzer line with your putter

Votes: 40 12.4%

• Total voters
I typically Take my rhyno on a huge hyzer line because i know if i don't make it, the rhyno won't skip and sits nice and close to the basket.

Jump putt.. Obviously depending on the slope of the green and the number of "strokes" I've already got... But yea, go for it with my putter all the way!

Depending on the terrain and wind, on flat ground with no wind and no obstacles, hyzer putt.

Casual round, go for it with the putter.

Tourney, lay up and take your 3 and move on.......... unless it's totally flat with "backstop" of some kind.

I flick an Aviar up at it unless there's some oddball situation (precarious position with rollaway/OB possibility, stiff head/cross wind, tree foliage blocking that line) where I can't. Sometimes I'm going for it, sometimes I'm laying up. Often I'm ensuring a safe putt on the next shot while opening the possibility of not needing to putt.

I jump putt at it, because why wouldnt you? Even if you miss your going to be within 20'.

I place my pointer finger along the rim of my putter and throw very similar to how I would throw a Frisbee. Less spin, good accuracy and it won't skip away.

I've started using my Vibram VP from around 100'. It stops dead when it hits something, doesn't roll like the Aviar I was using and it sticks to chains if I happen to hit the basket. If it's windy I use a 170-ish Magnet.

gotta go jump putt, seek those chains, always hungry..

I throw a innova xd on a little slow flex shot. So it stops or goes in.

depends on circumstances. make a run, leave enough on the table though to give myself a comeback putt if needed

straight at it with an aviar or flick a pig, depending on the direction of fade i want. always trying to hit chains.

I go for it with the putter. That is out of my range for my normal putting form, so I will do a short throw striaght at it, basket height and try to get it in unless if I were to miss and would cause a very difficult putt to save par, then I would just lay it up.

also with the courses i typically play, you're lucky to have a "big hyzer line" to the basket on an approach. perhaps that effects my answer?

I've made quite a few 100'ers with a Buzzz, so I'd throw that and go for it, depending on the layout of course.

Totally depends on the conditions. On any given day, I might throw 6 different layup shots with 10 different discs! Right at it with a Spider, hyzer with a shark, skip with a Teebird, flick with a Buzzz, thumber with a Leopard, tomahawk with a Roc. Is this a flat spot? tree between you and the basket? short hill behind the basket or in front? headwind? tailwind? crosswind? Too many factors to give a solid answer.
Having said all that...I'm most likely going to throw one of three discs: Champ Aviar, Z Buzzz or a DX Shark. All would be on a soft hyzer. I do that because I know that I am probably not going to put it in from 30 meters, but I know that I can lay it out on the side and let my hyzer roll it in to the basket. I can probably hit the post itself 6 times out of 10 using this method.

in the open, I take a big hyzer line throw in. I've made two like this recently (just tarted doing it instead of laying up, my jump putt doesn't reach that far), and it leaves a 5-10 foot putt if i miss.

Latest posts