• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

'16 Gentlemen's Club Challenge

One: most of the reason the GCC has been so popular is because it's the weekend before the Memorial and is more or less on the way for many of the players.

Two: there used to always be close to a week in between.

Three: the Memorial TD probably doesn't care if his schedule changes impact someone else's event

All understandable. But there should be some coordination of the tournament schedule. At least as long we can't just from 5 major tournaments every week.

Gentleman's Club is in a different state. And an A-Tier. No reason to coordinate, honestly.

I mean, it would be smart for them to make sure their event is conducive to playing both the GCC and the memorial. But that is on the individual TD, not anyone else.

I mean, it would be smart for them to make sure their event is conducive to playing both the GCC and the memorial. But that is on the individual TD, not anyone else.

It would make more sense for Gentleman's Club to rearrange their schedule. The Memorial is the traditional start of the National Tour year and is well established as such.

GCC has been reaping the benefits of that. But thats not saying the TDs for GCC arent earning it...from what I see and hear it is an awesome event. First rate. A lot of the small time pros who travel to both actually prefer the GCC...its more fun for them (based on my small sample size of 4 I've talked to)

Plus GCC always brings the heat with sweet fundraising discs. Stamps are always **** hot and they always have a few unique runs courtesy of Innova West.

So Im not belittle GCC or its TDs. And TBH thr GCC is more fun to watch on video than the Memorial hyzerfest.

But at the same time, if one event was to change to accomadate the other, it should be GCC.

So Im not belittle GCC or its TDs. And TBH thr GCC is more fun to watch on video than the Memorial hyzerfest.

But at the same time, if one event was to change to accomadate the other, it should be GCC.

I agree with the second point 100%, that's what I meant earlier.

As to the first; is a roller-fest better then a hyzer fest? Debateable.

I'm pretty surprised that Nikko dropped that much last round. He was 5 off Philo before round 3 I think, now he's 8 down, sitting in 12th place. 4 stroke difference in top 5, 5 strokes between top 7, looks like a close race.

I noticed in the hole by hole scoring Philo actually shot a 47 yesterday. Probably just a mistake by whomever recorded or uploaded the rounds.

Yeah SpinTV is there, someone posted later that it wouldn't be live streamed.

Korver losing a ton of ground, unless Weese implodes or Todd shoots an amazingly hot round, she's got it.

Can anyone confirm what's in the players pack for this tourney for me? Trying to settle a debate. Thanks!

Tech shirt
Innova Hero Bag
Innova Collossus driver
Innova Calendar
a couple of minis
two tickets to a show at the V or Saxe Theater
A customized bag tag that you have to order after the tourney
Wooden bag tag
Innova bag tag
Dude disc golf towel
a pair of dice and deck of cards from Caesars

Damn, if that's the players pack handed out to all, that's a pretty steep pack.

A lot of the top pros always skip the Gentleman's. If I had the time off I would hit up both tourneys. Playing the Memorial set-up for two weeks would be very stale to me. Throwing hyzer after hyzer would be awful.

Players just dial in there 300+ hyzer shots for each hole. That's what it takes to win an NT? How about adopting the pga model of moving the hole for every round? Test these guys! Most of them can throw the same shot 4 days in a row in their sleep. We need to break this mold and challenge players instead of enabling them.

Players just dial in there 300+ hyzer shots for each hole. That's what it takes to win an NT? How about adopting the pga model of moving the hole for every round? Test these guys! Most of them can throw the same shot 4 days in a row in their sleep. We need to break this mold and challenge players instead of enabling them.

They are playing 3 different courses over 4 rounds. That's more variety than moving pins is in the PGA.

Latest posts