• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Ace Race?

I don't have an extensive selection of Squalls to go through, but the AR12 discs are consistently more domey, and apart from the damaged ones (sunken domes) none of the ones I saw thrown or threw myself turned as easily as Squalls I've thrown turn. They have probably done something to them, which has added more HSS.

Discraft says that they are not the same as the Squall mold, but over all the reports from throwers are that they are either a tad more stable than a Squall, or they are a bit more flippy/squirrely. Still, it does seem to be a disc that competes with the Squall, which seems odd for Discraft to produce when they are already molding the Squall for DGA. And as others mentioned earlier in this thread, aiming for a disc that parses between the Buzzz and Stalker also seems odd.

Nevertheless, the Squall, Buzzz, Buzzz SS, Wasp, Hornet, Aftershock, etc., are really kick ass mid-ranges by any standard, regardless of who they are molded for...Discraft is killing the competition in this part of the market.

While Innova has the Roc and the Coyote i have to agree that Discraft has a killer setup of mids and tweeners. It is sad that there are damaged ar12s around. If there is a longer more hss disc than the SP Squall it is kick ass. Now the problem is that there seems to be one already named the Stalker as others noted. Crazy overlap probably. I'd like to test out a good ar12 vs my lovely SP Squall and Z Stalker maybe even Glo Z and Ti Stalkers. But i need more info before venturing out because i don't feel getting an out of production or limited availability disc since the Coyote is quite nice for me.

As i fondle the ar12 more i have noticed a micro bead on it. basicly felt it by running my finger nail on the under side of the rim. My squalls don't seem to have this any one else notice this.

JR i think this disc is as long as a stalker. In flight the disc reminds me of a Fresh (no tree Hits) x storm. slow turn slow forward fade and sneaky long. Discraft say between the buzz and stalker. I say between the z comet and x cyclone.

keltik said:
everything I've read ITT makes it sound like they have brought back the Storm.
You don't think it's slightly more understable and perhaps a tad faster (rating) than the Storm?

i would say same speed and stability as a new x storm. i put it side to side with a storm and they are not the same disc but the storm could have been the starting point IMO.

money 21 said:
As i fondle the ar12 more i have noticed a micro bead on it. basicly felt it by running my finger nail on the under side of the rim. My squalls don't seem to have this any one else notice this.

JR i think this disc is as long as a stalker. In flight the disc reminds me of a Fresh (no tree Hits) x storm. slow turn slow forward fade and sneaky long. Discraft say between the buzz and stalker. I say between the z comet and x cyclone.

Good Z Stalkers don't turn at all for me and Storms, Coyotes and Squalls do. I get the Stalker around 10' farther than the Squall when i'm on and when i'm off the Stalker is 15-20' longer on average.

i guess i will put flight number on it. 4rng -1hss 1.5lss 3pwr IMO for Joe chart 5 7 -2 2 in innova numbers and a .5 stablity for discraft. This is just where i would rate things.

mine have more turn then my super stingray which is at -1 that is why i put it at -2. it as so has more fade.

Did a search for the Zombee didn't have much come up, besides this thread. Anyone throwing these now that they are in production?

How do they fly compared to a teebird. Flight charts show them to be fairly similar. But I haven't had a chance to toss one.

Jordan said:
How do they fly compared to a teebird. Flight charts show them to be fairly similar. But I haven't had a chance to toss one.

My AR ones were flying like my slightly seasoned T-birds out of the box...Small amount of right to left turn for me when thrown flat

if i was going to compare to something in the innova line i would say champ leo.

Latest posts