• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

What about something like an XD knockoff? I know they have the Zone and Ringer, but those are fairly overstable as compared to an XD. By XD, I suppose I also mean discs like the dart, wedge, etc.

My prediction is still a longer, understable mid like a Warship or Fuse. I think their backbone mid, the Buzzz, has been getting some flak as of late because of these small-company mids that are longer and glidey. I'm not knocking the Buzzz, it's still my most used mid. But from a marketshare standpoint, they're missing out on people even just "trying" the longer mids. It doesn't matter if they go back to the Buzzz or keep it in the bag; if people are buying a disc that MAY be a Buzzz replacement for them then Discraft will want people to be buying their potential Buzzz replacement.

And the Ace Race strikes me as a perfect platform to build steam on a disc like that. People like it, they put it in production. People don't like it, they never have to deal with the costly mistake of a full-out production run on a new disc *cough* Groove *cough*

There's a difference between "predicting" one and "calling" for one. Personally, I don't need anything more from Discraft lol. I was just looking at it purely from a business point of view. As fun and unique as the Ace Race series is every year, Discraft's foremost intent is going to be towards publicity, profit, and market presence. Filling gaps in their lineup is a secondary concern, at most.

Lower profiles what id look for. Something like the Wedge. Bridges gaps of putter and mids. Slightly bigger rim and you got fairway. CrystalFlx Wedge =P

i love the lat 64 fuse.. It would be cool for Discraft to do that.. I just don't want a new putter.. I am completely set with my putters..

I think Discraft already has undertsbale mids pretty well covered with the: Comet, Buzzz SS, Meteor.
And while the list the following as Long Range Drivers, everyone I know uses them as mids: Stratus & Glide. Asuming they want to release a disc that will sell if/when it goes into production, I don't see saturating that part of their line up as a good business move.

However, their overstable fairway offerings are pretty much limited to the Tracker. I don't care what # they stamp on an XL or XS, I don't see them as overstable when I throw them.

I noticed the following on Discraft's website:

2012 Prototype Disc

What will it be? The last four years have alternated between putters and mids. Some say we're due for a driver.

We announce in mid July!

I noticed the following on Discraft's website:

2012 Prototype Disc

What will it be? The last four years have alternated between putters and mids. Some say we're due for a driver.

We announce in mid July!
Sounds promising... I'd be happy with something Impact like with way more stability.

I'm going with something like an Eagle or Polaris LF. I think there is a gap there.

You have to remember, Discraft isn't making the discs just for the hell of it. They use the Ace Race as a testing ground for new molds. Some make it to production based on feedback, some don't.

It's a fun way to be a guinea pig.

I'm going with something like an Eagle or Polaris LF. I think there is a gap there.

You have to remember, Discraft isn't making the discs just for the hell of it. They use the Ace Race as a testing ground for new molds. Some make it to production based on feedback, some don't.

It's a fun way to be a guinea pig.

i want a wicked understable mid. driver would suck for the ace race