• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

I would have no problem with it being a low and fast fairway driver that we could make runs at baskets from 150-210 feet. I recently picked up a Discmania S-Line FD that in my hands is ideal for this kind of run. I love to see Discraft to produce, even if only as a prototype, a fast, glidy driver that just gets there with minimal power because it has glide and is not nose or angle sensitive.

disc raft needs some serious help in the fairway driver class. not too sure about it as an ace race disc but they need to do something at lower speeds for sure.

I want to see a mid like a wasp but with a double bead on it. I can't think of any disc with a double bead on it....

I want to see a mid like a wasp but with a double bead on it. I can't think of any disc with a double bead on it....

Discraft has the Deuce.... double bead. Id like to see something more like a Leopard. Yes, I know I could just throw a leopard (the best disc ever made, I agree) seeing how everyone thinks an XL is a leopard... It is NOT true. Lat 64 ripped off the leopard, why can't DC.

I would have no problem with it being a low and fast fairway driver that we could make runs at baskets from 150-210 feet.

Makes the most sense to me. It's pretty easy to shape lines with fairway drivers even at short distances. They stand up to wind well, and it's easier to throw skip shots, overhands, and forehands with them than most mid-ranges, making them ideal for noobs.

I think the Stalker sort of fills the gap of the neutral glidey fairway that Scott was talking about so I'd lean more towards the stable/overstable side of the spectrum but I'd be happy to see a Leopard type driver too.

Funny that DC has stopped production on so many overstable fairway drivers: Talon, Reaper, Xtra, X2, XClone, Xtreme... Plenty of room to fill from the failed X-line of discs. Even the XL and XS get very little love. May as well just rebrand them at this point and launch a new line of fairways with better names than Xtra and X2. Those were quality discs that might be fashionable again if they had better marketing behind them.

I would like to see a fairway driver also.. it seems Discraft has many high speed max distance discs that are borderline useless for shots under 325'

meh.. i will keep throwing my eagles and rivers..

disc raft needs some serious help in the fairway driver class. not too sure about it as an ace race disc but they need to do something at lower speeds for sure.
It has been said a lot, but the X2 and Xtra were very good TeeBird/Banshee type discs. The Talon was a great forehand disc. The X2, Xtra and Talon are OOP because they didn't sell. We talk a lot about the need for fairway drivers, but there are very good ones that already didn't sell. Why? Because we say we need fairway drivers and buy Nukes.

I would like to see a new putter, but a really hard new plastic. KC like plastic that would be in Discraft's production

I second a disc similar to the FD. That thing can shape so many shots and would be great for an ace race. Unless it get windy... Then I'd suggest a Teebird-like fairway. We'de probably see some more metal hits. Big hyzer bombs, straight shots, overhand, flew shots... etc

Last edited:
It has been said a lot, but the X2 and Xtra were very good TeeBird/Banshee type discs. The Talon was a great forehand disc. The X2, Xtra and Talon are OOP because they didn't sell. We talk a lot about the need for fairway drivers, but there are very good ones that already didn't sell. Why? Because we say we need fairway drivers and buy Nukes.

This is because our control drivers stay on the fairway, and our Nukes end up deep in the woods, or in the middle of the Lake. :D

this is close...
DSC06405.jpg

I wouldn't mind a Mid-Range but a Fairway Driver would also be awesome. I want an Understable Mid or Overstable Fairway. Hopefully.. Hopefully.

I doubt they'd develop an overstable fairway driver for the Ace Race. An understable fairway driver, maybe, but more likely they'll stay with the Midrange and P&A speeds.

One thing I'd like to see is another attempt at a flat top putter mold like Gateway and Vibram make. I know the Challenger and Focus kinda fit this role, but I was disappointed with the Focus, and the Challenger could use a less overstable counterpart.

I doubt they'd develop an overstable fairway driver for the Ace Race. An understable fairway driver, maybe, but more likely they'll stay with the Midrange and P&A speeds.

One thing I'd like to see is another attempt at a flat top putter mold like Gateway and Vibram make. I know the Challenger and Focus kinda fit this role, but I was disappointed with the Focus, and the Challenger could use a less overstable counterpart.

I suppose for the Ace Race they won't.. I just have some discs in my bag that I'm not attached to and maybe one of the discs at the event could find it's way in.. A Mid-Range would be nice.. I just don't need anymore Putters.. Although they are fun to play with.. I'm just hooked on the Anode. Understable Mid would be fantastic.

They should just take Teebirds and crudely plaster a stamp on them.

attachment.php

Yes, it's called the ghostbuster.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 145
i think they should revisit the nebula/buzzz OS thing. except this time brand it as a Buzzz OS. it did wonders for nuke sales and would go along with the avenger and surge model. plus torque monkeys would love a beadless OS mid that isnt quite as OS as a drone or hornet.