• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Discraft Ace Race

Did my first one last year and had a blast! Can't wait to do it again!!

Since the Zeppelin never was put into production, my guess is they will try to design another putter.

About the only thing they don't have is a really flippy mid, right? The Meteor is their most understable mid. So, they need to make a Kite-like disc. Easy to throw, with super glide, in ESP plastic.

They have issued a putter every other year for several years now, since 2009.
2009: Focus - Putter
2010: Hornet - mid-range
2011: Zeppelin - Putter
2012: Zombee - mid/control driver
My guess is that they'll do a putter this year.

Let's go crazy and say a Roc clone. Do not even start some kind of debate about Buzzzes or Wasps or whatever, they have a completely different feeling in the hand. It could work as long as it is not a bee name. If they get back to cosmic names like the Meteor, it will seem like a separate line of discs and thus does not encrouch on the Buzzz sales.

^^Discraft already has the best selling midrange disc on the market, and popular molds in the Wasp, Hornet, and Drone. They don't need no Roc clone.

^^Discraft already has the best selling midrange disc on the market, and popular molds in the Wasp, Hornet, and Drone. They don't need no Roc clone.

Need and want are two different things. With all the pros jumping ship from major sponsors and effectively starting their bags over again, it seems I hear most of them talking about their new sponsor/ manufacturer making a Roc clone. That is the reason Feldberg is excited about the Mace.

Again, I do not think Discraft will do it, but at the same time I would not be surprised if they did go the route I suggested; making a Roc like clone and giving it a cosmic name so people do not think it is competing with the Buzzz or any other bee-line disc.

I've never thrown a Wasp. And I have limited Buzzz experience. Just for argument's (and curiosity's) sake, what can a Roc do, that a Wasp/Buzzz can't? My guess is nothing.

Granted, having overlap never stopped a disc manufacturer before.

Discraft Teebird or River. Back to back fairway drivers.

Ugh, did you play in last years Ace Race?
A fairway driver is, IMO, a poor choice for a Discraft Ace Race disc, as the holes are rarely over 200'.....

Ive bagged a zombee to compliment my Z glide (tweener discs), but it isn't ideal for the ace race.

I'm hoping for a really US out of the box mid, or a neutral shallow putter.

The Ace Race is basically Discraft's testing grounds for new molds. A fairway driver would not be a bad choice. Hole placements would just need to be adjusted accordingly.

Does DC have a Leo/River clone?

If I were to guess, I would say the stalker, but I am probably way off, so your answer may be no.

Latest posts