• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2016 Discraft Ace Race disc

Should be getting my shipment in tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing this disc in person. Curious if there is as much dome as the picture shows.

I've heard it's pretty similar to the Storm they OOP'd a while ago, similar profile to the Stratus, but not as flippy... I'd like that.

More controllable Stratus in ESP sounds pretty similar to the Impact, no?

Profile pic of the AR16 (right). Cryztal Buzzz on left for comparison.

58a16474.jpg

I like the shirts. Got two color options in my shipment, grey and blue.

Towels are good.

Got more 167-169 weights than I would have liked for a mid-range.

The blue color discs are nice, but they had several greens. Some dark, which are horrible for finding, but most of the greens were pastel, which should be a little easier to find.

Overall, great value in the players pack! Looking forward to playing in the Ace Race this weekend.

Did you get any 150s? I'm taking a least one of my sons and hoping there are 150s for him. Could you estimate the weight breakdown of what you got?

Did you get any 150s? I'm taking a least one of my sons and hoping there are 150s for him. Could you estimate the weight breakdown of what you got?

No 150s.

Discs were stickered with weight range. Mine came with the following ranges:

167-169
170-172
173-174
175-176
177+

The 167-169 was the largest group. There was only one 177+.

Thanks a lot. At least the largest group was the lightest weight, in my eyes. I'll probably get to mine early to make sure I get some of the lighter ones for the kiddo and heaviest for me.

Barstamp Buzzz vs. OOP Z-Storm

The image posted by JRW III got me thinking that the 2016 AR disc is very similar to the OOP elite-Z Storm.

Profile pic of the AR16 (right). Cryztal Buzzz on left for comparison.

58a16474.jpg

2a6nzpd.jpg

I took a picture of a Z-Storm (orange disc) next to a Barstamp Buzzz (red disc).

Bump--Anyone thrown the new AR disc yet?

Per the profile pic it looks like the rim is slightly thicker than the Buzz, maybe a speed 6? Also, bottom of wing is not very convex, and PLH is low-ish with a lot of dome above it...so I'm guessing pretty flippy.

These are just my random conjecture. Thanks for the profile pic JRW :thmbup:

Bump--Anyone thrown the new AR disc yet?

Per the profile pic it looks like the rim is slightly thicker than the Buzz, maybe a speed 6? Also, bottom of wing is not very convex, and PLH is low-ish with a lot of dome above it...so I'm guessing pretty flippy.

These are just my random conjecture. Thanks for the profile pic JRW :thmbup:

Had the chance to do a few field throws. Definitely understable. Will get flippy when thrown at full power. Will be a good Ace Race disc. Could possibly replace the Stingray in my bag.

Had the chance to do a few field throws. Definitely understable. Will get flippy when thrown at full power. Will be a good Ace Race disc. Could possibly replace the Stingray in my bag.

Thanks JRW. Would you say they are more/same/less flippy than the prototype heats from the ace race a few years back? Those were fun to throw but the only metal hits I got were hyzer-flip lazers.

Latest posts