• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2016 Discraft Ace Race disc

Thanks JRW. Would you say they are more/same/less flippy than the prototype heats from the ace race a few years back? Those were fun to throw but the only metal hits I got were hyzer-flip lazers.

Been awhile since I threw the Ace Race Heat and only got a few throws of the AR16, but I would say more flippy.

Been awhile since I threw the Ace Race Heat and only got a few throws of the AR16, but I would say more flippy.

Yowzers. Thanks again for the info.
We have an ace race here on Sunday and it should be a fun time.

Ha, yes I definitely agree that they are more flippy than the AR heats a few years back!

Thrown with 150' of power you can get one to hold a line, but any more juice than that and they will flip severely. They also have crazy glide. Any over-a-hill type shots you want to spike; that's the only way to get this disc to drop.

These discs would be very good for beginners because of the lower power needed to make them fly a line. I might bag one because it's easy to get a nice smooth turnover, even with my weak BH.

Played the Local AR yesterday and bagged a 176 for the entire round. They were all a ESP/Ti looking blend, except for a couple lighter weights that were a Z Sparkle blend. I grabbed one of those too, but havent throw it.

The 176 that I was throwing flew surprisingly well on the short holes we had laid out. Powered up for the shorter holes, they would hold a nice straight line, but could be powered down and they would hold a nice hyzer line.

But on real throws they could be easily hyzer flipped to straight or hyzer flip to turn. Had a couple real nice long throws that would just start to turn then never fight back. Lots of glide to them as well.

The lighter weights paired with its flight would make a great beginners disc. Had a guy on my card who only played for a month or so, and he was having pretty good success with it. Advanced players will like it for nice controlled hyzer flips, and beginners will like its ease of throwing.

Nice vid, flight looks good for ace race. Nothing I'll end up bagging though.

The lighter weights paired with its flight would make a great beginners disc. Had a guy on my card who only played for a month or so, and he was having pretty good success with it. Advanced players will like it for nice controlled hyzer flips, and beginners will like its ease of throwing.

I don't have a big arm and really liked this disc (167g) at our recent AR. Hit metal once and had many near misses. Thrown at medium speed it held a beautiful straight line. Also, when I put a little ani on it, it turned nicely with a slight fade at the end - very easy to control tight lines left or right.

It has tons of glide so I wouldn't use it for the AR distances (120-150 ft.), but might use it instead of my go-to Comet for 200-250 ft.

Might be useful for the SAC tournament coming up, but the disc won't be legal then. Oh well, still happy to have this nice disc for casual play.

Sounds like a fun disc and should be great at the course I will be playing at. Too bad I have to wait till October.

I made a trade for some 175s and am liking them so far. not a big arm and for my they are falling between my squalls and x stratus.

Pretty sure the Thrasher is the prototype driver in the Am Worlds players packs this year. The only Ace Race disc is the Stratus-esque disc.

anyone tried rolling these? I have a foot injury and haven't got a chance to try them out a whole bunch yet.