• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2016 Discraft Ace Race disc

threw one side by side with a impact today. The impact has more hss but the lss was about the same. were flying similar distance.

Had a local Ace-race last weekend, I'll wait a few weeks and pick one up at PIAS and give it a go if it feels good.

threw one side by side with a impact today. The impact has more hss but the lss was about the same. were flying similar distance.
I was wondering today if this might be an Impact replacement. I was thinking about Ace Race discs and when I remembered the Impact it struck me that they were basically the same disc as I recall. This might just get them away from the goofy crosshatch thing on the Impact wing.

I was wondering today if this might be an Impact replacement. I was thinking about Ace Race discs and when I remembered the Impact it struck me that they were basically the same disc as I recall. This might just get them away from the goofy crosshatch thing on the Impact wing.

I think they have the same top. the bottom is different. I think it might be a impact top and stratus bottom but I don't know if discraft does this the same way innova does. Again I am just going by look and feel.

I used an impact for a while its a great disc. Its super straight and longer than mids. I liked the hash-marks and I guess it served a purpose. If they could make an impact in a more firm plastic it would be nice, the ESP was a lil too flexy for me.

I used an impact for a while its a great disc. Its super straight and longer than mids. I liked the hash-marks and I guess it served a purpose. If they could make an impact in a more firm plastic it would be nice, the ESP was a lil too flexy for me.

I agree I have always liked the impact. iMHO I thinks its like having a speed 6 lid. I have also thought it is one of the best disc for starting new players on as a driver.

I really liked the Impact except when trying to power it down. So much effortless neutral distance when snapped though.

threw the ar16 vs a z glide today and it was interesting. the ar was easier to turn over but would come back a little ate the end when thrown flat the glide took more speed to turn over but once it did was not coming back. the glide seem a bit faster but was usually going less then 10ft farther. The ar powered down much better. I think the ar falls between the glide at -.5 and the stratus at -1 so call it -.75

So, today I participated in the Ace Race in my area. I got a Pink 173-174g that's good and firm and an Orange 167-169g that is absolutely the most flexible disc ive ever held. I mean, i can almost fold it in half with one hand. Way more flexible than it just being a result of weight. Did they run some of the AR16s in ESP FLX?

Flight wize, as afore mentioned, its imo comparable to a less US Stratus. Someone brought up whether the top or bottom is from the stratus mold and im going with the top. These have a bigger bead than my stratus, and the wing looks less concaved. On that note, it wasnt really as US as i had anticipated. For me, at low speeds i was getting enough fade for a clean anny-flex line, but US enough that when you really put some snap on it, it'll flip up and glide for days. Oh that too, Im really diggin the glide. Way more glide than fade on the pink one. I put up a couple pics below, the yellow disc is a 155g pro-d Stratus.

I decided to bag the 174g stiff pink one. The orange one im not sure how i feel about the flex. Did anyone else experience the same thing with the variation of stiffness in the ESP blend?

Attachments

• 20161001_174057.jpg
    20161001_174057.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 20161001_173845.jpg
    20161001_173845.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20161001_173816.jpg
    20161001_173816.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 44
both mine are 174 and feel like regular esp. your orange one sounds cool

Guess I'm going to my event super early, so I can check out the plastic and pick some oddballs.

Wierd. Mine were super tacky at first. Id love to get ahold of an AR16 in ZHornet plastic though. :)

The two that I grabbed reminded me the most of Z Hornet plastic. That opaque, champy style stuff. Definitely wasn't ESP, but also wasn't Z. There was a lot of variation in plastic styles at ours.

The two that I grabbed reminded me the most of Z Hornet plastic. That opaque, champy style stuff. Definitely wasn't ESP, but also wasn't Z. There was a lot of variation in plastic styles at ours.

See thats weird, i rock a z hornet thats the opaque champy stuff and neither of mine are like that.