• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Masters Cup presented by Innova Disc Golf

What JC said. No live but you'll have some money next day vids (MPO) courtesy of SpinTV. Cory, Peter, Ben, Keenan, and I will be out there shooting and editing all weekend. Jamie's running the show, and I think Avery will be out there doing his social media thing when he has signal :p Should be a mix of us on commentary. Cory, Peter, and I will be shooting/editing MPO, while Ben and Keenan film FPO (no next days, hopefully next week).

I'm flying up tonight to get drone footage filmed tomorrow. Stoked!!!

Also Champ vs Chumps at 9:30 on Monday (still tickets and raffle tickets for sale!), and then hopefully a fun round after that. Need to figure out what it is now that Simon and Eagle just bailed. :(

Any chance you will have another Santa Cruzmas vid? One of my favorites watching Paul and the boys tearing up Dela with cheaper lite plastic.

Any chance you will have another Santa Cruzmas vid? One of my favorites watching Paul and the boys tearing up Dela with cheaper lite plastic.
There were a bunch of good ideas in the CCDG thread awhile back. Superclass, bag switch, draw a card to get a random disc to play the hole with, were I few, iirc. I think a "back to a noob" round would be cool. Most people I know played their first round with just one disc, usually a dx beast, valk or tbird(basically whatever their friend had lying in the trunk). So get the guys one of whatever the first disc they ever used and have them play a one disc round(though at Dela you might have to get them a couple in case it got lost). Or instead of drawing a card for a disc, drawing a card for a specific shot you have to throw thumber, roller, 360, Scooby, etc....

Last edited:
Live scoring of the top 2 cards is all we get? Is there any live coverage at all? or will there be for the final round at least?

I could watch Manabu Kajiyama throw discs all day, every day. He's got to be the smoothest player I've seen play this game. It's almost like watching ballet - the beauty and grace in the movements is captivating.

Better watch out, the Paul fans are gonna be after you.

There were a bunch of good ideas in the CCDG thread awhile back. Superclass, bag switch, draw a card to get a random disc to play the hole with, were I few, iirc. I think a "back to a noob" round would be cool. Most people I know played their first round with just one disc, usually a dx beast, valk or tbird(basically whatever their friend had lying in the trunk). So get the guys one of whatever the first disc they ever used and have them play a one disc round(though at Dela you might have to get them a couple in case it got lost). Or instead of drawing a card for a disc, drawing a card for a specific shot you have to throw thumber, roller, 360, Scooby, etc....

I just need the intro with eagle sad face. Still chuckling.

DeLa is a real course. No easy holes, well, maybe one. That's why winning there matters. Do hate the addition of the bg course.

Poison Ivy or not, Paul is crushing Dela right now.

It's like Paul and Ricky hate it when they're not on the "feature" card, and shoot amazing rounds to ensure they're on the lead card for round 2.....

It's like Paul and Ricky hate it when they're not on the "feature" card, and shoot amazing rounds to ensure they're on the lead card for round 2.....

I've noticed this too. Kind of interesting. Note, their play changes when they're together. I love this competition.

ehhhh they have a Cali winter. It rains more, but it's not really cold. And yes the PO is mostly dormant after mid fall. You can still get it, but it's harder when the oil is cooler.

This winter was brutal on SC, snow in the passes, massive flooding throughout the region, all of the local roads in aside from the southern freeway were closed due to landslides at one point or another. While not as cold as other areas, the crazy weather put a serious hurt on it.

I know the post production would be messy/get why they wouldn't - but if I'm Innova/spintv I would have moved the CCDG guys to Paul's card to catch part or most of that course record. Truly amazing!

Yes he killed it, new course record -- the poison ivy/oak didn't seem to bother him, unless.... Was that actually Hanna's leg??? :eek: ;) :p

How do you know that it is a new course record? When I saw his scoring pace yesterday, about halfway through the course, I suspected he might be on pace for an exceptionally low score, and I tried to find some info online on what the course record was but came up with nothing. Is there a page somewhere with these stats that you can link?

How do you know that it is a new course record? When I saw his scoring pace yesterday, about halfway through the course, I suspected he might be on pace for an exceptionally low score, and I tried to find some info online on what the course record was but came up with nothing. Is there a page somewhere with these stats that you can link?

Well crap, so much for the "spoiler" tag. Anyway, here is the link:

https://instagram.com/p/BUTI0kehLPr/