• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Vibram Open

That hole9 looks like fun... Almost as many doubles or worse than pars and no birds so far...

Don't remember the course enough to know which hole that would be...

To add to colucc43's very good description, hole 9 is one of the more discussed holes on the course in terms of par. It is listed as a par 3, but it is very very rare to have a tee shot be good enough for a good look at deuce so twos on that hole typically are of the throw-in variety. I've never understood why they resist calling it a par 4...perhaps because it then goes from the hardest hole on the course to one of the easier (from toughest to 6th easiest based on today's scores).

Looks like Nikko, Ricky, Barsby and Nick Masters on lead card tomorrow...

Nikko and Barsby seem to own this course. Glad to see Nikko coming on after a very slow season! Would love to see either win.

Okay, I'm sayin' it, your new avatar, I just don't know. :)

Lead card final Rd; Macbeth, wysocki JC lizotte

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

To add to colucc43's very good description, hole 9 is one of the more discussed holes on the course in terms of par. It is listed as a par 3, but it is very very rare to have a tee shot be good enough for a good look at deuce so twos on that hole typically are of the throw-in variety. I've never understood why they resist calling it a par 4...perhaps because it then goes from the hardest hole on the course to one of the easier (from toughest to 6th easiest based on today's scores).

Yep, #9 should be a par 4. The second specimen ever of the elusive too-low par has been found in the wild!

What card is Jomez going to be on for the rest of the rounds? TBH, Jomez is the only one I will watch unless CCDG for example catches another card that has other players I am more a fan of (talking generally here, have no idea is CCDG are doing anything at Vibram)

Switch part on 9 and the new 10

10 shouldn't be a par 3 for the same reason that 9 shouldn't. The shape and elevation of the fairway makes it tough to get a tee shot in deuce range...if there are twos on the hole, they will be throw-ins. It may be an easy par 4, but it is rightly a par 4.

10 shouldn't be a par 3 for the same reason that 9 shouldn't. The shape and elevation of the fairway makes it tough to get a tee shot in deuce range...if there are twos on the hole, they will be throw-ins. It may be an easy par 4, but it is rightly a par 4.

Try coming over to Par Talk and saying that.

Latest posts