• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Vibram Open

I heard around the water cooler you're calling him out. According to his German code he must fight you to the death to defend his families honor.

LOL. He's like the kindest mellowest dude on the tour, I can't even picture him all aggro-faced

Pro Tour has live coverage on Friday but is there any coverage today?

Nope, from the header on udisclive it says that there is only recorded coverage of today. SOunds really dumb to me since they made feature cards so why not televise them?

I hope Jomez follows the 12:20 card. Cale, MJ, Orum, Owens

I heard they'd be on the Lizotte/Sexton/Conrad/Anthon card. But I believe the Cale card is getting some post production video too, but I'm not sure by whom

Then maybe Terry is doing post production for the feature card of McBeth Wysocki and Koling

If cell signal were the reason they weren't broadcasting today, they wouldn't be broadcasting all weekend. It has nothing to do with signal. It has everything to do with cost. Three rounds is cheaper to broadcast than four. Simple as that. They did the same thing at Ledgestone (where there was zero issue with cell signal).

They made the featured cards for post produced stuff. There are a few reasons why we are not live for all 4 days.

1. Cost. It costs more for us to be live an additional day. Of course we would love it, but gotta cut corners somewhere. It would require all of us to come in a day earlier.
2. Vacation (costs). SmashBoxx doesn't pay me enough to take so many days off of work. So we kinda agreed that having just 1 day off for most events was the right move for me personally at this point.
3. Cell signal has nothing to do with it really. We know that there are some issues on the course, but we will fight through them as we do every year at Vibram.

They made the featured cards for post produced stuff.

Do you have any insight on which cards will be getting the post produced coverage?

I saw 5-6 cards that had a lot of touring talent on them. I know they can't all be covered, but I was wondering if you knew what was making the cut? :)

12:00 pm
McBeth
Wysocki
Koling
Zach Longeill

12:20 pm
Matt Orum
Michael Johansen
Cale Leiviska
Devan Owens

12:40 pm
Simon
James Conrad
Anthon
Sexton

12:50 pm
Nikko
Doss
Bobby Musick
A.J. Risley

1:00 pm
Brinster
Philo
Seppo Paju
Matt Bell

1:10 pm
Uli
Eagle
Colglazier
Nate Heinold

1:20 pm
Feldberg
Barsby
Keegan
Alan Wagner

So many good cards to choose from!

The noon card, at least based on composition, is the one they usually set up as "featured" at the Vibram. Past winners of the tournament plus the winner of the Am side from last weekend. Starting the feature card at noon rather than as the last card off is an old tradition from the USDGC where the defending US champ, the current world champ, and the am world champ were always placed on the 12:00 card.

We had discussed this last night on the podcast aftershow. My understanding was that Jomez was covering the 12:20 pm. I could be wrong...

Paige with the eagle 2 on the 455' #18 to put herself on the lead card for round two. Sick!

We had discussed this last night on the podcast aftershow. My understanding was that Jomez was covering the 12:20 pm. I could be wrong...

Do you know if there are any more camera crews doing post production coverage for the event? At the PFDO I noticed Disc Golf Examiner also had post production of the chase cards. Maybe them or another local group is at Vibram this week?

I think it is only Jomez doing coverage. Terry said that he may go out and cover one of the cards on his own time and dime. But I wouldn't expect to see it immediately tomorrow if he does.

Do you know if there are any more camera crews doing post production coverage for the event? At the PFDO I noticed Disc Golf Examiner also had post production of the chase cards. Maybe them or another local group is at Vibram this week?

Disc Golf Examiner is a local Pittsburgh disc golf video crew, I'd put money on DGE not being there :D