• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Waco Annual Charity Open DGPT

Simon is stuck in Boston due to no departing flights until Thursday, and might miss Waco. Source Facebook.

Well that stinks. Maybe he can drive out of Boston? I am assuming snow? He knows the course so he can get there whenever.

Yes, snow. Boston is forecasted for 12-18 inches of it today through tomorrow, with 40-50 mph winds and the airport is right on the water. With snow storms, if they're not flying out, driving isn't any better of an option.

From where Simon is (an hour west of Boston), he'd be looking at at least a 5-6 hour drive in good conditions before he'd get to a place where he could catch a flight unaffected by the storm. In the snow, you can just about count on doubling that drive time. Way more stress and potential danger than playing in the tournament is worth.

Man that sucks for him, and for everyone affected by that storm.

Yes, snow. Boston is forecasted for 12-18 inches of it today through tomorrow, with 40-50 mph winds and the airport is right on the water. With snow storms, if they're not flying out, driving isn't any better of an option.

From where Simon is (an hour west of Boston), he'd be looking at at least a 5-6 hour drive in good conditions before he'd get to a place where he could catch a flight unaffected by the storm. In the snow, you can just about count on doubling that drive time. Way more stress and potential danger than playing in the tournament is worth.

could he catch a flight out of hartford? i saw somebody on reddit suggest that. but with driving involved your point about potential danger and stress still holds true

could he catch a flight out of hartford? i saw somebody on reddit suggest that. but with driving involved your point about potential danger and stress still holds true

According to Flight Aware, 58% of flights into Bradley (Hartford) and 53% of flights out are cancelled today. That's better than Logan (Boston), which is at 70% of inbound flights cancelled and 81% of outbound flights, but not by a lot. So I suppose he's got a slightly better chance, but it's still probably a two hour drive (in the snow) to get from Worcester to Hartford.

Latest posts