• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Lol people still thinking Ricky ISN'T going to Innova...

I've sorta been outa the loop. Has there been evidence of this (like we saw with Paul, credible sources, whatnot), or are we just still assuming.

I've sorta been outa the loop. Has there been evidence of this (like we saw with Paul, credible sources, whatnot), or are we just still assuming.

I feel like Paul's move to Discraft was pretty much confirmed before it was confirmed, same with Ricky probably (eventually) going to Innova.

This may sound dumb (and it may have already been mentioned), but is there a chance that Ricky is going to Dynamic? I'm not sure how separate Lat and DD are, so that's why I ask.

Not a chance. The US team manager for Latitude 64 and the team manager for DD is the same person (Robert McCall, also the US team manager for Westside). If it were a matter of swapping one brand for another, no announcements of "leaving" would be necessary. And certainly no need to wait until the first of the year out of respect for the terms of his current contract.

Big strong young athletic guy with good technique who has probably thrown a lot of baseballs and/or footballs and hockey shots. Massive "reachback" aka shoulder turn, most players lack shoulder turn in reachback. Elbow lead / lower arm lag. Wide/extended arm release and pronated palm down finish. He plants his front foot turned inward notably so it's not pointed open straight to target, so he has something to brace and throw against across his front foot.

None of that "keep the palm to the sky" or "keep the elbow in" t-rex arm non-sense.

Yep, I don't keep my palm up or elbow in. Palm forward maybe. I wish I could find video of the legendary water boy Michael Kotz from the Austin TX area. Crazy forehand distance. I can regularly backhand 450 and the throws further FH with Orcs.

Big strong young athletic guy with good technique who has probably thrown a lot of baseballs and/or footballs and hockey shots. Massive "reachback" aka shoulder turn, most players lack shoulder turn in reachback. Elbow lead / lower arm lag. Wide/extended arm release and pronated palm down finish. He plants his front foot turned inward notably so it's not pointed open straight to target, so he has something to brace and throw against across his front foot.

None of that "keep the palm to the sky" or "keep the elbow in" t-rex arm non-sense.

Doesn't Barsby throw palm-up? That guy has stupid forehand power for his build

Yep, I don't keep my palm up or elbow in. Palm forward maybe. I wish I could find video of the legendary water boy Michael Kotz from the Austin TX area. Crazy forehand distance. I can regularly backhand 450 and the throws further FH with Orcs.

I've played with Michael at league here in Colorado Springs, the man has a cannon FH. I can regularly hit 400' FH and he was blasting way past my drives all day on longer holes. Really nice guy to boot.

Last edited:
Doesn't Barsby throw palm-up? That guy has stupid forehand power for his build

I think he's similar to Jerm in that he flicks less stable stuff and hyzer flips. I know he flicks Eagles and they don't take much to turnover. He flicks Rhynos too though so whatever.

It just depends on what is more comfortable. Some guys like to use snap and spin, others like to use power and torque... not at all different than the way guys get distance BH. Nikko is a torque monkey and Simon/eagle(while also being able to torque a giant anhy) usually get their distance with leverage and snap.

Last edited:
In general, baseball guys like throwing power FHs with OS stuff while frisbee guys go with more finesse FH understable stuff. In general, of course. I imagine fishermen and stone skippers are comfortable with the finesse as well.

It just depends on what is more comfortable. Some guys like to use snap and spin, others like to use power and torque... not at all different than the way guys get distance BH. Nikko is a torque monkey and Simon/eagle(while also being able to torque a giant anhy) usually get their distance with leverage and snap.
That's a pretty dizzying paragraph.
You might need to look at the definition of torque.
What do you think "snap" is? What do you think "spin" is? What do you think "power" is?

Latest posts