• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

I think you mean, "our vernaculars are different"... This is, of course, based on geography and understanding of heated meats..

I mean, wars HAVE been fought over less...

;)

I'm not American so I don't really get this BBQ discussion...internal joke or just a way to destroy treads?

Mostly it was one comment that turned into a thread drift which became a new inside joke for DGCR.

A lot of BBQ enthusiasts are, well, let's just say intensely proud of their favorites.

Yeah, I've had a few Texans freak out on me for saying Memphis has the best (and I'm an SC native so that's saying something). If you're taking it more seriously than a joke I just smile and wave lol

http://bbqsushi.com/about/

:|

Seriously though, it sounds like an abomination being in TX, especially so close to Corkscrew, but gets great reviews from friends. One day, I'll try it.

Corkscrew was named top in the country by Travel Channel Food Paradise, top in the South by Southern Living and top in Texas by Texas Monthly and is about 10 minutes away from my house (https://www.corkscrewbbq.com/). Moist brisket all the way and they have a killer tater salad.

Thoughts on chopped brisket as a baked potato topper?

Soooo does that mean he's only going to throw Infinite brand discs? That's not a lot of discs for him to choose from...Or can he throw whatever they carry? Are there any other pros sponsored by a vendor as opposed to a manufacturer? Might be a good sell for MVP and Axiom as Infinite does all those funky custom stamps on those brands.

Hmmmm...tis an interesting plot twist.

Infinite Discs has 'sponsored' several Pros by having stamps for them on various discs, and selling those at a higher price. Some of the pros are Nikki Locastro, Jessica Weese, Garrett Gurthie and Eric Oakley. Some are just sellling the original brand's sig stamps, but some (like Locastro) are indigenous to Infinite Discs.

I also am believing (and hoping) that Infinite Discs will continue to build up their lineup. They've hit a lot of home runs, so far.

Infinite Discs has 'sponsored' several Pros by having stamps for them on various discs, and selling those at a higher price. Some of the pros are Nikki Locastro, Jessica Weese, Garrett Gurthie and Eric Oakley. Some are just sellling the original brand's sig stamps, but some (like Locastro) are indigenous to Infinite Discs.

I also am believing (and hoping) that Infinite Discs will continue to build up their lineup. They've hit a lot of home runs, so far.

Their biggest advancement has been that I-Blend plastic. I won an I-Blend Myth in a raffle and gave it to a buddy who putts with Whales. He loves it. It's so much grippier for putting than anything available in Innova's stuff. Reminds me a lot of DD's Classic Blend plastic, which is IMO the main thing Trilogy has going for them over Innova's stuff. I'd imagine Innova would sell boatloads of I-Blend Aviars, especially if somebody like James Conrad started bagging them.

But we're getting off topic. KC BBQ really does have other styles beat, outside of TX brisket.

Their biggest advancement has been that I-Blend plastic. I won an I-Blend Myth in a raffle and gave it to a buddy who putts with Whales. He loves it. It's so much grippier for putting than anything available in Innova's stuff. Reminds me a lot of DD's Classic Blend plastic, which is IMO the main thing Trilogy has going for them over Innova's stuff. I'd imagine Innova would sell boatloads of I-Blend Aviars, especially if somebody like James Conrad started bagging them.

But we're getting off topic. KC BBQ really does have other styles beat, outside of TX brisket.

Are there two versions of I blend? Looks like it's driver pro on molds like the Exodus.

Are there two versions of I blend? Looks like it's driver pro on molds like the Exodus.

I was wondering after I read GoobyPls's comments about I-blend Myths, but while I-blend is a Star-"ish" plastic and great in drivers, I could see the plastic being used in putters as well.

I get the feeling that Innova is using Inifinite Discs (in a good way) to try some new molds and new plastics. I-blend may be one of those experiments, and it has been a successful one, so far. So has the Sphinx and Tomb as new molds. The P-blend (Pro) of my Geisinger Myth feels more like slick McPro plastic than regular Pro plastic.

Maybe InfinityDylan will hook us up with some knowledge of these things, as well as new ideas they have?... :confused: :thmbup:

I was wondering after I read GoobyPls's comments about I-blend Myths, but while I-blend is a Star-"ish" plastic and great in drivers, I could see the plastic being used in putters as well.

I get the feeling that Innova is using Inifinite Discs (in a good way) to try some new molds and new plastics. I-blend may be one of those experiments, and it has been a successful one, so far. So has the Sphinx and Tomb as new molds. The P-blend (Pro) of my Geisinger Myth feels more like slick McPro plastic than regular Pro plastic.

Maybe InfinityDylan will hook us up with some knowledge of these things, as well as new ideas they have?... :confused: :thmbup:

Thinking about it, I'm not 100% sure it was I-Blend. May have been P-Blend, but it was months ago and I don't remember. I'm getting senile from overexposure to BBQ.

Thinking about it, I'm not 100% sure it was I-Blend. May have been P-Blend, but it was months ago and I don't remember. I'm getting senile from overexposure to BBQ.

I just did what I should've done earlier: I went to the site and looked. The Myth currently comes in D-blend, P-blend, and X-blend, so yours probably was a P-blend.

Side note: there is no such thing as 'overexposure' to good BBQ. :thmbup:

Have you felt JK Pro plastic? I wonder if it is similar to the Pro plastic Infinite is using. I could see that being a hit in a few different putter molds.

Have you felt JK Pro plastic? I wonder if it is similar to the Pro plastic Infinite is using. I could see that being a hit in a few different putter molds.

I've felt JK Pro, and it is not similar at all to my P-blend Geisinger Myth (which is the same as the Innova Whale).

Ok I just caught up and can't believe you guys overlooked such an important point-

Grilling is open-faced, BBQ is done in a closed chamber. Grilling is direct heat, and bbq (esPECIALLY smoking) is indirect heat.

I mean we've just been dancing around it.

Pit BBQ is direct heat...and is the real deal BBQ.

I'd much rather be hungry in two hours than covered in meat sweats and fighting hard not to poop my pants.

I had no idea what meat sweats were, so I googled it. Never seen or heard of anybody suffering from this.

Ok I just caught up and can't believe you guys overlooked such an important point-

Grilling is open-faced, BBQ is done in a closed chamber. Grilling is direct heat, and bbq (esPECIALLY smoking) is indirect heat.

I mean we've just been dancing around it.

I do both on one single machine tho so call it as you want but BBQ I make is a smoked/grilled low slow goodness and I could give a **** less what you call it. just make good food.

the real deal is the reverse sear on all beef. ill BBQ you some open slow wings etc with cedar or just roast closed 6 hours on pellets off a tin foil tray lol.

tritip. ribs. fish. steaks. see me.

Last edited:

Latest posts