• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

I am curious where the statement of Discraft only doing $8M in sales came from? That one is funny.

Also, whoever suggested that McBeth is going to get $8 per tour series disc from his new company must be a stand-up comedian. His new company would be losing money for every disc they sold for him.

I am curious where the statement of Discraft only doing $8M in sales came from? That one is funny.

Also, whoever suggested that McBeth is going to get $8 per tour series disc from his new company must be a stand-up comedian. His new company would be losing money for every disc they sold for him.

What if they sold them for $25?

Last edited:
I wonder how many of those swirly destroyers he still has... and how much they would be worth...

I'm not a fanboi of any brand or player not a collector and sure as **** don't want to overpay generally for a disc but for one from PMB personal stash? I would pay... less than a lot of people but I would pay for that.

Notice he said "his new company", twice.

So, he's definitely starting his own brand now.

Notice he said "his new company", twice.

So, he's definitely starting his own brand now.

If his "new company" was his own company, paying "himself" (the company) $8/disc wouldn't be outlandish at all. He's already signed with Discraft, just wait for the announcement.

I don't think this could be further from the truth. If it were a simple matter of cash moneys I think Innova would've matched. If you're the biggest and it comes to sheer dollars anybody that tries to outbid you is gonna feel the larger hit. Now that's not saying Innova did backflips to offer a gargantuan contract, but like it's been pointed out any outside offer more than likely was given the opportunity to match.

So the real question becomes what could potentially be offered that the biggest wouldn't be willing to match? If you're a smaller company you're more willing to give up a piece of your own pie for the upside of the growth potential. Supposedly that was the upside to prodigy and he passed on that a few years ago.

So the real real question becomes what's better than a small fraction of a company? The whole thing of course. Financially it's a bigger gamble, but he's been the one leading the way for everybody else. First one to land cash instead of merch from Adidas. When the merch deal ended it was presented like the relationship was severed but in reality a cash agreement was already in the works.

What's to say this alleged McBeth line isn't partially backed by somebody like an Adidas with Discraft doing the molding? So outside sponsor looking to back somebody who they know can move product but isn't willing to dedicate the space/production themselves? Less risk for somebody like Adidas and you've got a disc manufacturer involved. For all the talk about mold costs Adidas could soak that up easier than anybody else in the game...slap 3 stripes on it, add Paul's name to the stamp, and get it everywhere immediately.

If you're the biggest in the sport is that a path you're willing to travel? Probably not but somebody else will...

I trust Ian(ccdg) because he seems to have a lot of insider knowledge. Plus the deal must be for a lot more money if Innova didn't match it.

Why do you think it is not realistic for Paul McBeth to make 7 figures next year? His previous deal with Innova gave him a base salary around $150000 a year. This was before any royalties that he received. His base salary will be at least $250000 a year. Plus he is going to be getting $8 per disc from his new line. If they sell 100000 of these discs then he will be above 7 figures.This is before any tourney winnings.

Where did you get these numbers from? Are you making stuff up and passing it off as fact?

MVP would be the company with most to gain from signing mcbeth - it would rocket them to the next level. They've built up production and distribution over years, so if their recent investment in Dollar, mvp open etc paid off it would make sense for them to go for the top player this year, break into the pro and pro-inspired market...

Why do you think it is not realistic for Paul McBeth to make 7 figures next year? His previous deal with Innova gave him a base salary around $150000 a year. This was before any royalties that he received. His base salary will be at least $250000 a year. Plus he is going to be getting $8 per disc from his new line. If they sell 100000 of these discs then he will be above 7 figures.This is before any tourney winnings.

Paul was getting 150k a year from Innova? Fact check, link, etc, please. Thx.

MVP would be the company with most to gain from signing mcbeth - it would rocket them to the next level. They've built up production and distribution over years, so if their recent investment in Dollar, mvp open etc paid off it would make sense for them to go for the top player this year, break into the pro and pro-inspired market...

Kinda agree here. We dont carry MVP and if thats where he went then we would have to start to carry MVP.

Paul was getting 150k a year from Innova? Fact check, link, etc, please. Thx.

There was a comment by Paul himself a long time ago on DGCR about what he pays in taxes each year, and I believe the inference from that indicated that he was making over 300k a year from Disc Golf.

So, who knows what was salary vs disc revenue vs other, but I think it is safe to say he was making a lot more than most think he was.

I'd guess that is probably only him and Ricky that can get anywhere close to those kinds of numbers, and I'd guess that Ricky is quite a bit behind Paul, but I could easily be wrong.

There was a comment by Paul himself a long time ago on DGCR about what he pays in taxes each year, and I believe the inference from that indicated that he was making over 300k a year from Disc Golf.

So, who knows what was salary vs disc revenue vs other, but I think it is safe to say he was making a lot more than most think he was.

I'd guess that is probably only him and Ricky that can get anywhere close to those kinds of numbers, and I'd guess that Ricky is quite a bit behind Paul, but I could easily be wrong.

Thx, I get all that, but I am more interested in "base salary" if any. When an elite player like Nate Secton puts on 36 Sexton Shootouts in 2018, it has me wondering if he gets any base salary at all. hmm...

Thx, I get all that, but I am more interested in "base salary" if any. When an elite player like Nate Secton puts on 36 Sexton Shootouts in 2018, it has me wondering if he gets any base salary at all. hmm...

Again, I think Paul (and maybe Ricky) are completely different animals when it comes to this. Paul has to be making some kind of bank, as this year he flew into tournaments instead of touring across the country in the RV. Nate has to have that Sexybird money starting to flow, as he is selling his RV now and will be flying into tournaments. Flying is not cheap.

Of course, maintaining a RV and the gas for it isn't real cheap either.

Take the current situation. We already have a release from Innova on the situation. If Discraft has picked up Paul, they should at least have a communication out. They should have a plan for some marketing material. Perhaps a plan to film a go discgolf spot with Paul (see the PDGA spot) to put out there.

Let me see, what do I hear... crickets.

Sounds like Paul never intended or thought the news would get out so quickly (as heard on Eagles live steam). I'm guessing we will be waiting a bit longer for the second half of this news.

Last edited:

Those aren't just about making money though. It's also one way he pushes his brand forward and makes connections. Additionally, disc golf is his job; on an off weekend between tournaments he can more easily hit a town closer to a tourney that doesn't have as big of a tournament there, make some money, connect with local disc golfers, and grow his brand and the sport. I'm sure there's a fair bit of people who would want to support the guy and maybe buy a Sexton Firebird or something to help his tor further after meeting him

id bet theres some kind of no compete in pauls contract in which hes not able to discuss his new sponsor until his current contract is fulfilled. simple conflict of interest.

This is very likely. One interesting thing will
Be if he plays any fall tournaments and we see some unfamiliar discs ITB.