• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Francis has got a way with words. After watching his video, I've got to admit that I now view Mountain Dew very differently. Who wouldn't find it appealing to mix Code Red with White Out and Typhoon to create one's own man of the gods, even if it does taste exactly like diabetes?

the best mt dew was not featured

the baja blast which used to be a taco bell exclusive and every now and then they run some special runs and sell them in the stores in cans or bottles

ill hold my breath and wait for the next episode which obviously would be a celebration of the best mt dew flavor they offer

the best mt dew was not featured

the baja blast which used to be a taco bell exclusive and every now and then they run some special runs and sell them in the stores in cans or bottles

ill hold my breath and wait for the next episode which obviously would be a celebration of the best mt dew flavor they offer

:hfive:

Question for you guys....
Why do we assume mcbeth wouldn't leave Innova for anything short of shares in company, own line of discs, yada yada yada yada, but yet have no problem assuming wysocki will go to Innova for straight up cash?

Because McBeth is better doy

I think someone commented something like this on one of their videos: "Ah, Usama Bin Laden, such a cool dude man, one of the nicest guys you'll find in terrorism, hands down"

I can't believe people are calling into question Drew Gibson's character. I'm pretty sure that I've heard the CCDG guys refer to Drew as "super chill" or something stupid Californians say about likable chaps. Although now that I think about it, Ian and Cory seem to say something positive about every pro they film. Hmm. :\

Every commentator in the history of sports adds anecdotal rhetoric to their broadcasts to fill the gaps between meaningful play by play. CCDG does seem fond of most players, but I don't have a problem with their opinions. I have no reason to believe otherwise either...

Maybe CCDG knows the 'real' people being filmed and the ones casting stones around here are basing their opinion off what they see on film and social media. I know they're all the same person, but you may be surprised at how your* on-camera persona may change when people start recognizing you*.
* This is meant as the editorial you, not a specific person...

You just gotta pay attention to who we don't say nice things about. Then you'll know who the jerks are. Or we just forgot to mention them being nice. It's one of the two. :D

It's funny, some people are really not that fun to film (always complaining, always bumming, etc..) My absolute least favorite, I always see comments online about people loving him/ he's their fav pro. I'm like man, if you only followed him for a round you wouldn't feel that way. The converse is true as well, I've read some negative stuff about some guys that could not have been nicer to be around.

Octos sag like your holding your discs in plastic bag. Is there any reinforcement in the bottom?

No, but that's by design. It rides nicer that way. No hard piece to dig into your back. They also sit nicer because of it. Why does the sag matter?

It will be though I bet at some point carbon fiber will get used as a disc material as that material gets cheaper and cheaper to make.

I bet that Disc Golf might even have a change on the hole size again or get rid of some or all chains to make it harder to putt into for even the average player as that gets easier and easier even by the average player. I see a basket without chains but same parameters or a basket with only the inner set of chains but same parameters. I even see a pole hole with some easier way to tell if you hit the pole, like a tone pole but slim like a pole hole.

I bet size of disc does not change but they make another variant of the game using as much of PDGA rules as you can and modifying a few like disc specs for a game that uses the type of discs that are too small for Disc Golf but too big for Mini Disc Golf. 3 brands already make those discs, Discraft, the 3 Swedish made trilogy brand of discs, and MVP/Axiom as well as Innova having a larger Sonic Jr. for a very long time.

Carbon fiber I believe is too rigid. Doesn't meet disc flex standards. Maybe if there's a way to make if flex easier.

I was working with some engineering students that wanted to use carbon fiber for some applications in sports and there are two main issues here; one is you are correct most of them aren't woven in a way to let them flex enough, and two it's brittle enough that they could crack on a bad landing(in the quality that is anything like cheap enough to think about making a disc in).

One dude that mainly works on mountain bikes had a cool idea, to use a compressed rubber like Vibram used as your rim and then a CF core since it's so light.

Was was working on a proto version but wa shaving a hard time making his machine do the rim consistently.

Very cool idea and would be like ultra gyro if it worked.

It's funny, some people are really not that fun to film (always complaining, always bumming, etc..) My absolute least favorite, I always see comments online about people loving him/ he's their fav pro. I'm like man, if you only followed him for a round you wouldn't feel that way. The converse is true as well, I've read some negative stuff about some guys that could not have been nicer to be around.

Where's McCray fall in these two buckets...

One of my friends is a R&D machinist for an injection molding manufacturer(no, they don't make sporting goods). During one of our BS sessions, I asked him about using carbon fibers (not mats like used in auto body panels) to lighten a disc without becoming too rigid.

He said that it could be done but:

either the fiber would have to be laid by hand or special abrasive resistant machinery would have to lay it...
and
The molds would have a shorter life span as carbon fiber is harder than the molds.

Either made it impractical, but both made it unfeasible to do; at least at a price point that anyone would be willing to pay.

My addition to the Carbon Fiber dong waving thread. ;)

Ian,
I know you'll never tell, but this would be something fun to know.

I've had friends like that.
The ones everyone said were boring and dull and creepy were really good people. They just didn't give a flip about their cred or their popularity.
OTOH, some of the most deceitful, back-stabbing people I've ever known were a blast to hang out with, but would roast you the minute you left.
Anyways, life is like that. There's the real person and the persona they project.

Question for you guys....
Why do we assume mcbeth wouldn't leave Innova for anything short of shares in company, own line of discs, yada yada yada yada, but yet have no problem assuming wysocki will go to Innova for straight up cash?

Yep...agreed. :popcorn:

I've seen both McPaul and Eagle have less than stellar rounds in person and some of their antics were indeed...surprising. But you have to be certainly talking about McCray. ? ? ?

Latest posts