• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Prodigy's naming system is by far the easiest, but it's not exciting. I'm not going to keep rehashing what others said with the naming system.

Discmania's naming system is wonky as hell. So a MD is 4/5/0/0 if I'm right, but the MD5 is their version of the Gator. How does that work? Prodigy may have flaws like all companies, but their naming system is really easy to learn, unlike Discmania.

Oh and Discmania's CD line, what's up with that? A CD2 is 9 speed while the CD is 10 and the CD3 is 11, yet all are 5/-1/2, I'm confused just typing that.

I check this thread each day hoping for a morsel of relevant disc golf related information....such disappointment...but i cant stop checking it haha

This thread is all relevant to disc golf. Can't be playing disc golf after eating some bad BBQ.

Coney dogs is a topic I'm always down for. Kogel's makes the bed hot dog, add a steamed bun, mustard, onions, and chili, it's a beautiful thing.

Haters gonna hate. We have 8 players in the top 25, more than any other company. So, we must be doing something right.

I'm not going to argue that Prodigy doesn't sponsors some good players, but you sure about your stats there?

I just looked at top 25 MPO by PDGA ratings and here's what I got:

Discraft:
McBeth
Doss
Ulibarri
Fish

Discmania:
McMahon
Lizotte

Innova:
Wysocki (?)
Conrad
Sexton
Heimburg
Anthon
Shultz
Withers
Crabtree
Rovere

Lat64:
McCray

Prodigy:
Dickerson
Paju
Kajiyama
Orum
Leiviska
Colglazier
Jones

Unsponsored:
Nodland
Nikko

Something I missed there? Looks like Prodigy has 7 and Innova 9. Even without Wysocki (and given how accurate the rumors have been lately, I'm guessing that's a done deal), Innova would be ahead unless Prodigy has stolen an Innova player I'm unaware of.

Also, who the heck is Darrell Nodland? From his PDGA history, it looks like he's a regional player who must be pretty old since he's been playing tournaments since the early 90's, but somehow he's got the 19th highest PDGA rating despite only playing 1 or 2 events per year. Weird.

Last edited:
Drew Gibson posted about heading down to Nashville for something that will change his life. Does Innova have him under contract next year? Might be headed to Prodigy???
Also, nothing that goes on a hotdog is as gross as what is in a hotdog, but lets not talk about that.

I'm not going to argue that Prodigy doesn't sponsors some good players, but you sure about your stats there?

Discraft:
McBeth
Doss
Ulibarri
Fish

Discmania:
McMahon
Lizotte

Innova:
Wysocki (?)
Conrad
Sexton
Heimburg
Anthon
Shultz
Withers
Crabtree
Rovere

Lat64:
McCray

Prodigy:
Dickerson
Paju
Kajiyama
Orum
Leiviska
Colglazier
Jones

Unsponsored:
Nodland
Nikko

Something I missed there? Looks like Prodigy has 7 and Innova 9. Even without Wysocki (and given how accurate the rumors have been lately, I'm guessing that's a done deal), Innova would be ahead unless Prodigy has stolen an Innova player I'm unaware of.

This is if you sort by ratings. If you go by the current PDGA World Rankings, Prodigy does indeed have 8 players in the top 25. Innova has 6 (7 if you wanna count Ricky) and Discraft 5.

Prodigy's naming system is by far the easiest, but it's not exciting. I'm not going to keep rehashing what others said with the naming system.

Discmania's naming system is wonky as hell. So a MD is 4/5/0/0 if I'm right, but the MD5 is their version of the Gator. How does that work? Prodigy may have flaws like all companies, but their naming system is really easy to learn, unlike Discmania.

Oh and Discmania's CD line, what's up with that? A CD2 is 9 speed while the CD is 10 and the CD3 is 11, yet all are 5/-1/2, I'm confused just typing that.

What is the difference between a D3 and a beat in D2?

I'm at the point with my bag I don't even think about the names of my discs anymore. I just know which disc I want to use in any given situation.

This is if you sort by ratings. If you go by the current PDGA World Rankings, Prodigy does indeed have 8 players in the top 25. Innova has 6 (7 if you wanna count Ricky) and Discraft 5.

Because we all know how accurate the World Ranking system is...

Seriously though...

Whenever I try a new restaurant, if they're not known for a specific dish, I order the Reuben.

Not sure what all of this D and ranking talk is about.

Well Prodigy (2012) is using a modified Discmania (2006) naming convention.

Here's the 15 sec on Discmania:

For Putters, Mids, and Fairways - higher # is more overstable. The reason the MD doesn't have a number is because there was already a MD1 that was discontinued (it wasn't very understable anyway).

For Drivers, it's about the shot type, not stability. They're "families" of drivers. Turning, Control, Distance, Power.

I believe for Prodigy it's the opposite - lower # is more overstable.

Ah, World Rankings. Let's see how my list changes in that case.

Discraft:
McBeth
Ulibarri
Fish
Doss
Johansen

Discmania:
McMahon
Lizotte

Innova:
Wysocki (?)
Conrad
Barsby
Sexton
Hendel
Heimburg
Brathwaite

Prodigy:
Jones
Dickerson
Orum
Paju
Leiviska
Colglazier
Kajiyama
Mäkelä

Lat64:
McCray
Keith

Unsponsored:
Nikko

Prodigy does indeed have 8 in that case. We lose Nodland, Withers, Rovere, Crabtree, Shultz, and Anthon. We gain Johansen, Barsby, Hendel, Brathwaite, Mäkelä, and Keith. I think we need a team match between those 2 teams of 5 players to see which list more accurately represents the top 25 best players. ;)

Vaino Makela. . .24th (fine, 8 in top 24) and 7 in top 17 . . .how about that? World Rankings are not 100% based on rating, amigo.

Discraft:
McBeth
Doss
Ulibarri
Fish

Discmania:
McMahon
Lizotte

Innova:
Wysocki (?)
Conrad
Sexton
Heimburg
Anthon
Shultz
Withers
Crabtree
Rovere

Lat64:
McCray

Prodigy:
Dickerson
Paju
Kajiyama
Orum
Leiviska
Colglazier
Jones

Unsponsored:
Nodland
Nikko

Last edited:
I check this thread each day hoping for a morsel of relevant disc golf related information....such disappointment...but i cant stop checking it haha

Just enjoy it for what it is. It is like listening to conversations in a public place. There will be three or four within earshot and you get to chime in at random. Yes, ideally it would only be talk about pros switching, but in the time between news, we chit chat about whatever else comes to mind.

Latest posts