• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Sounds more like an informal retirement announcement. I believe he just got married, or engaged, so we all know his dg career was going to tank afterwards anyway.

Dude's been hurt a lot lately too.

He'll go back to Innova as a Hall of Fame/World Champ team member. Feldberg has been married for a while, but now he's either got a kid or one is on the way. He's a few years into Masters age and still plays at a pretty high level, even after he had to have vertebrae fused in his neck.

I don't think his career was going to tank at all. He's just older and shifted his focus. If he wanted to continue to play at a high level he would be able to do so.

He'll go back to Innova as a Hall of Fame/World Champ team member. Feldberg has been married for a while, but now he's either got a kid or one is on the way. He's a few years into Masters age and still plays at a pretty high level, even after he had to have vertebrae fused in his neck.

I don't think his career was going to tank at all. He's just older and shifted his focus. If he wanted to continue to play at a high level he would be able to do so.

They just got married within the past month or two and have one in the oven. I would be shocked if Dave were to return to Team Innova.

Sarah might do very well with the Anode.

Also, and this is sheer speculation, they may let her putt with a Streamline putter.

In any case, I hope she will do well with her new sponsor. :thmbup:

I believe I heard over the summer that starting next year all MVP sponsored players will be allowed to throw Streamline, although it may be discouraged.

Welp, I didn't think this thread would teach me something new about Jewish food. Thanks BrotherDave and DGCR!

Get this man a Cel-Ray!

ds-1224-cy.jpg

Feldberg runs Next Gen as its own LLC. The LLC is what pays the monthly payments on those cars that they give away. He's gonna focus on that and continue what has been a fantastic am scam that has made him some good money and given him security in the game without having to compete at the highest level week after week. Its not a bad move for him to not be tied to one company for the swag that the ams get for these events. Dave is a smart dude and doesn't do anything without a lot of calculation beforehand.

Feldberg runs Next Gen as its own LLC. The LLC is what pays the monthly payments on those cars that they give away. He's gonna focus on that and continue what has been a fantastic am scam that has made him some good money and given him security in the game without having to compete at the highest level week after week. Its not a bad move for him to not be tied to one company for the swag that the ams get for these events. Dave is a smart dude and doesn't do anything without a lot of calculation beforehand.

Do expand on this please.

Do expand on this please.

Just a term I use to describe making money off of ams. I know many players who have enjoyed the events and the Next Gen concept, but it does turn a healthy profit so the organizers are not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts simply to grow the sport. It is definitely a decent business plan.

Just a term I use to describe making money off of ams. I know many players who have enjoyed the events and the Next Gen concept, but it does turn a healthy profit so the organizers are not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts simply to grow the sport. It is definitely a decent business plan.

When a thing become profitable, then the thing has a better chance to grow.

Good for Dave, good for advertisers, good for the game. It's not a scam at all.

Agreed, it may not be the best of terms I used but one I use nonetheless

If it's not the best of terms, why continue to use it?

Scam implies that someone is getting ripped off or deceived and generally has a negative connotation. If what Next Gen is doing is 100% above board and a positive thing, why assign a negative term to it?

So what makes it a scam again?

Where have you been? Anything that turns a profit is obviously a scam.

Don't look too hard at most non-profits either.

CEOs with multi-million dollar salaries and company provided memberships to country clubs.

I do love (is love the right word?) that every time a pro takes a picture with another pro in a different town people think that they're jumping ship.

It's like we've forgotten that these guys and girls grew up in the game battling one another, see each other nearly every weekend, and have personal relationships.

I know we tend to see people as brands and objectify them for our entertainment...but let's get a grip on the insane speculation. Just because Simon, Ricky, and KJUSA play golf together - or Drew and Will go get a milkshake - doesn't mean there's subterfuge going on.

I do love (is love the right word?) that every time a pro takes a picture with another pro in a different town people think that they're jumping ship.

It's like we've forgotten that these guys and girls grew up in the game battling one another, see each other nearly every weekend, and have personal relationships.

I know we tend to see people as brands and objectify them for our entertainment...but let's get a grip on the insane speculation. Just because Simon, Ricky, and KJUSA play golf together - or Drew and Will go get a milkshake - doesn't mean there's subterfuge going on.

JT,
This is the wrong thread for that type of... what's the word I'm looking for... ah, yes, LOGIC... thanks though:p

On a more relevant note, I smoked a rack of baby backs last night using the 3,2,1 method.

Rub the rack and smoke for 3 hours
Foil the rack w/ apple cider for 2 hours
Put the rack back on the grill with sauce for 1 hour

pork falls right off the bone...

I used Brown Sugar Bourbon for the rub & Smokey Mountain Sauce from Blues Hog.
DELICIOUS!

Latest posts