• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Worlds Prediction(s)

My sleeper pick is Simon. He cruised to a top 10 finish at Portland Open while playing pretty mediocre. Like Eagle, he looks to be one or two minor adjustments away from a near-perfect game. His sample size is a lot smaller for this season though so I could be way off. However, I honestly think Simon playing more conservative, 'boring' golf could smoke the rest of the field, and I think his touch game is better than Eagle and Ricky's and probably only rivaled by Paul. If his putt is dialed in by next week, don't be surprised to see Simon at the top.

Interesting thought. I was happy to see Simon playing well at Portland, and it would be amazing for him to win the big one right after coming back from injury.

5 rounds makes it even tougher to keep his elbow in good shape through the end of the tournament. Especially at The Fort, at some point, you will need to scramble. The temptation to try and force a forehand recovery throw will be huge. I worry that Simon will face a decision between risking re-injury, or playing less optimal shots.

There are too many players with complete games, who don't have that physical limitation. I could see Simon outplaying some of them for sure. Outplaying all of them would be insane.

I don't think that The Fort offers a ton of C2 looks, it seems either you are on the green in C1 or scrambling. Not to mention, KJ's ultra-low reachback on his straddle putts are not conducive to putting in and around brush.

Fair enough.

My thought process was that if there is any line at all, his laser beam put is conducive to converting puts - whether short or outside C1.

Agreed on the fact that he will need a clean low swing area.