• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 PDGA Masters Disc Golf World Championships

Well. I got my first Flagstaff round in today. I was pretty concerned about the elevation and my conditioning. Things went just fine. Anyone trying to say the difference in stability of discs at this elevation is minimal is nuts. The compensation/adjustment/changes that are needed are significant. I really struggled getting the disc up...I think more of a ru4por problem, not an elevation one. :doh: Tuthill was a flat, dusty desert like track. Not much like Midwest golf. Excited to be here and happy to have half the drive behind me.:D

Sorry you are struggling to get it up. Maybe it's the altitude?

:D

Last edited:
Just arrived this afternoon, and did some fieldwork at a soccer field. Everything is basically one notch more stable/overstable than before. No problem, just move everything in my bag one spot to the right. Easy peasy.

I don't usually have this problem. I heard it is pretty common among masters crowd. I also hear that it is not that big a deal...............:\............:p

May not be that big, but it is significant.

:(

Regardless, I'm jelly. This week in Flagstaff sounds like an absolute blast and a bucket list adventure.

Last edited:
AM player pack.

A tournament logo draw string backpack, a hunter green tournament crew neck dri fit, a Flagstaff Nalgene water bottle, a cooling towel, a stretch band, a couple minis, a small sports sack, a deck of RIPT cards, a Marvel by Birdie Disc Golf Supply, a Harrier from Lone Star, three tournament stamped Axiom discs.. Paradox, Proxy and an Insanity. These are pretty cool black discs with a swirly gyro rim. Each has a local animal on the disc...they appear to be an Abert or Tassel-Eared Squirrel native to the Ponderosa Pine Forests in Arizona, a Horny Toad and a Goshawk.

Black discs may be collectors items, but they disappear into the void when thrown.

Still, very cool. Is there a DGCR meet? I know a few folks that are present.

when i saw where it was to be held i was thinking "who in their right mind would send a bunch of middle aged and older to Arizona in the summer for an outside sporting event". after reading that an average summer day is 80 for a high and mid 40's for the low it makes a lot more sense.

Guess they didn't figure on the current heat wave the state is getting.

Suppose to get up to 92 on Friday and 95 for the finals on Saturday. Weather can be so unpredictable.

Guess they didn't figure on the current heat wave the state is getting.

Suppose to get up to 92 on Friday and 95 for the finals on Saturday. Weather can be so unpredictable.

At least they moved some tee times to take advantage of the morning temps in the 60s:

Monday PM Announcement

After receiving and reviewing player feedback and looking at the extended forecast, we have decided to adjust the tee times for the F pool.

F Pool (MP80, MA75, MA70, FA70, FP65, FA65, FP60, FA60, FA55, FA50, FA40) will now begin tee times at 7 a.m. every day..

https://www.pdga.com/announcements/2023-masters-worlds-updates-and-announcements

AM player pack.

A tournament logo draw string backpack, a hunter green tournament crew neck dri fit, a Flagstaff Nalgene water bottle, a cooling towel, a stretch band, a couple minis, a small sports sack, a deck of RIPT cards, a Marvel by Birdie Disc Golf Supply, a Harrier from Lone Star, three tournament stamped Axiom discs.. Paradox, Proxy and an Insanity. These are pretty cool black discs with a swirly gyro rim. Each has a local animal on the disc...they appear to be an Abert or Tassel-Eared Squirrel native to the Ponderosa Pine Forests in Arizona, a Horny Toad and a Goshawk.
Bet the cooling towels are getting some use!

Last edited:
Oh man watching with excitement...

Go team Prodigy!!!!!

Buy global, cheer local. We raise em right.

Haha, GG tied up in the lead for MP60. Go Graham! Givin em a little what for from up here. The man's a fiend at Sunday dubs, I'm hoping he stays the course and gets on the podium.

Last edited:
now that they've experienced the local gravity, it seems to be going pretty well.

MP40 lighting Little America up like a daggum christmas tree. Are they just going back and forth between here and Thorpe?

https://www.pdga.com/2023mastersworlds/course-schedule

23mw_v3.0_image.png

Latest posts