• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2024 chess.com Invitational

I don't believe the player takes a lost disc penalty there if the group believes it's likely the disc is in the "relief" water. When a disc is not found and the group agrees the disc landed in OB water, the player gets the OB penalty and not the lost disc penalty. The same idea should apply to relief water. If group cannot find the disc and it's clear or likely the disc landed in the relief water, they should only get relief with no penalty even though the player loses the disc.
"Relief water" sounds like something unrelated to disc golf. :ROFLMAO:

ahhh. can you declare all standing water as relief area?
All water is casual by default in the rules. TDs have to declare each water area as relief or OB if they want it to be different from casual. My preference would be that all water would be a relief area in the rules by default so players can't play from it unless designer or TD specifically indicates it's "safe" to do so as an option. I remember when they had the disc golf cruise, they played the ocean water by the temp course on the beach as casual and players played from it.

I don't believe the player takes a lost disc penalty there if the group believes it's likely the disc is in the "relief" water. When a disc is not found and the group agrees the disc landed in OB water, the player gets the OB penalty and not the lost disc penalty. The same idea should apply to relief water. If group cannot find the disc and it's clear or likely the disc landed in the relief water, they should only get relief with no penalty even though the player loses the disc.
I agree, I'm just telling you what happened.

Not getting that. I am watching on YT though because it generally works better for me than the DGN app.

Yeah, idk what happened. I was streaming on TV, didn't touch anything. It seemed like they went to a commercial, so I got up for a minute. When I started paying attention it was the same intro to the course/PMB interview they led off with before actual coverage.
I restarted the app, and the stream was back to actual footage.

Very large score separation in FPO , top 6 is close but then a 7! strokes jump down to 7th . . and a few big players WAY behind

Closing 3 holes are some of the toughest to score on for FPO, decent chance to go double OB on 18.

Lead pack all are pretty high power except M. Gannon. Gannon being able to keep up with precision and putting is impressive.

Paige Pierce and Val Mandujano are probably the 2 I would point to being a little off their game through 2 rounds - I'd expect them to be at/below par for both rounds.

Hailey King DNF halfway through the round on 2nd card - any indication of an injury or just precautionary for her to withdraw?

There was some GOAT on GOAT action yesterday... DGPT posted a handshake between Paul and Magnus Samuelsen to their FB.

There was some GOAT on GOAT action yesterday... DGPT posted a handshake between Paul and Magnus Samuelsen to their FB.

While Magnus Samuelsson was a great strongman and one of the best of his era, I wouldn't call him the GOAT 😋

In other news, that's Magnus Carlsen (maybe the illegitimate love child of Magnus Samuelsson and Svend Karlsen?).

While Magnus Samuelsson was a great strongman and one of the best of his era, I wouldn't call him the GOAT 😋

In other news, that's Magnus Carlsen (maybe the illegitimate love child of Magnus Samuelsson and Svend Karlsen?).
OOOF. I was trying so hard to not spell it Magnus Carlsson that I completely forgot the first half of his name. LMAO Before making that post I literally googled how to spell his last name to try to get it right.

A spectator following Hailey's card said she tweaked her knee slipping on a tee pad and tried to play through it but eventually decided it best to not risk further injury once she felt like she was out of contention. No comment on whether or not the "pee-gate" instance had anything to do with the decision. lol

So the big buzzword for the newly redesigned Olympus is elevation. Or as Jeff Spring said "lots of incline and decline." So what's up with another tourney with completely flat maps? You need the right data and the right software to process it but it's not rocket science...olympus_terrain_mashup.jpg

So, does anyone have any info on the Proto Prince Ricky was seen throwing a couple times in the 1st round on Jomez? Westside? Couldn't really tell - is it a mid? Flight numbers?