• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A top 10 course your home course?

I like the post, but I feel my home course other then the baskets would rank right up there in the top 10. I am sure there are others that feel the same way. The facts are not everyone in disc golf has heard of this site. When some one new does see it. Generally the see the top 10 list and head straight to the top and add it to their wish list. I know thats what I did.

I still really like the thread started by OP.

Just over thinking things as a usually do.

Closest to me at school is West Jefferson Disc golf course in Ashe County, NC. At home it is Richmond Hill in Asheville, NC. Needless to say i get a work out at both courses.

I live 2 hours from Beaver Ranch and only play it maybe twice a year. That rarity makes the rounds special though.

What I'm most embarrassed about, though, is that I've yet to play Phantom Falls which is only minutes from Beaver Ranch :doh:

I have only been in Colorado 6 months or so and have made a few trips to Beaver Ranch and I too have yet to get to Phantom Falls! Probably wont be this year, but first thing in the spring though. Maybe our votes would break it into the top ten?

Forty minutes from Winter Park, 5 or so hours to Highbridge...I could also hop on the SS Badger 10 minutes north of me, ride across Lake Michigan, and get dropped off literally AT the Mason County Courses with a short drive to Flip! None of them are my home course, but I've been to all more than once (most often Winter, obviously!) and enjoy the beat-down I get every time!

My real "home course," currently ranked #31 in WI, is a quick bike ride away.

Idlewild is just up the road from me and try and help out by moving trees and painting benches etc. Been kind of out of it for awhile, but honestly it never gets old. Nothing better than going out at 8am and being alone with your thoughts. Why I love this game, after getting bombarded by information, stress of job, etc going out and throwing a disc is one of the most satisfying things in the world.

I live 7 miles from Tyler State Park and have been playing there since it was a 9 hole course in the early 90's. Eastern PA has a lot of great courses within a hours drive. After traveling around and playing new courses this year, I learned it wasn't worth it. You keep thinking that the next one is going to be spectacular and it's just average.
I save travel time and just play my local course. It's always changing, I've come to know a lot of the people there and play in the weekly leagues. Simple, cheap and close. The grass isn't always greener on the next course.

And I don't see The Grange couses listed in your played list. Completely unforgivable. ;)

The Grange is one of the most fun places in disc golf. Hawk Hollow is simply awesome. :thmbup:

Indeed. My DG life started in Maryland with Seneca, and Patapsco predominately (I still hit those regularly). Then I took years off. I just learned of these awesome VA courses in the last year or so. Looking forward to playing them.

I'm like an hour and half away from Charlotte, so suck on that Midwesterners!

*Remembers he's too busy and poor to drive down there that often, becomes :(*

You could just move here!

I haven't played any of the top 10, but I'm not complaining. Charlotte's got it all and at the top of the list when it comes to DG regions

Join the club. Closest to me is Flyboy at 535miles. I hate you all, except for thrembo.:p

Agreed. It's sad to think living in a state with the most courses - the closest top ten course would be around 800 miles away... Of course if this was expanded to top 25 or 50 like at year's end - then it would be a different story.

I save travel time and just play my local course. It's always changing, I've come to know a lot of the people there and play in the weekly leagues. Simple, cheap and close. The grass isn't always greener on the next course.

Agreed. I would like to play a few more out-of-state courses, but Seneca Creek, Patapsco Valley, and Rockburn Branch are all within an hour's drive. Having challenging courses nearby makes it difficult to justify spending time away from hearth and home. The boys are teenagers now, though, so the future looks promising . . .

FWIW, Ken Climo lists Seneca Creek among six "great places to play" on his web site.:thmbup:

No top 10 near me, but no shortage of good (or bad!) courses either.

Within 30 minutes...

Arboretum / Spiker Canton Ohio
Malone College DGC Canton Ohio
Boettler Park Green Ohio
Wildwood, Louisville Ohio
Portage Lakes, Portage Lakes Ohio
Wingfoot State Park, Mogadore Ohio
Oak Ledges, Massillon Ohio
Deis Hill, Dover Ohio
Memorial Park, Alliance Ohio

Then I have Roscoe Ewing, Moraine State Park, Knob Hill and a few other nice courses a reasonable drive away. I'm happy just having Arboretum nearby, but having Massillon, Dover, Medina etc. a short drive away is very nice. No top ten but I can't complain, plenty of solid courses around.

No top 10 near me, but no shortage of good (or bad!) courses either.

Within 30 minutes...

Arboretum / Spiker Canton Ohio
Malone College DGC Canton Ohio
Boettler Park Green Ohio
Wildwood, Louisville Ohio
Portage Lakes, Portage Lakes Ohio
Wingfoot State Park, Mogadore Ohio
Oak Ledges, Massillon Ohio
Deis Hill, Dover Ohio
Memorial Park, Alliance Ohio

Then I have Roscoe Ewing, Moraine State Park, Knob Hill and a few other nice courses a reasonable drive away. I'm happy just having Arboretum nearby, but having Massillon, Dover, Medina etc. a short drive away is very nice. No top ten but I can't complain, plenty of solid courses around.

Look for me and my son some time when you are at Arboretum / Spiker Canton Ohio. I only do the inside 10 holes. I am 380 pounds and I don't want my 3 year old trying to throw across the water yet. Maybe when he is 5.

It isnt rated, but I would definitly put it with some of the best courses in MI

Stop by sometime and play Oshtemo, and see how placement for the approach shot is more important than a descent drive.

Highly Highly recommend a course five minutes away from me, as I get the same giggity feeling every time I am turning in the driveway.

The design is about the most difficult but fair 18 hole course I know of.

Latest posts