• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A very Bogey X-mas...

My rationale for not replaying Idlewild, Osage, or Lincoln Ridge: My son hasn't played them, and Cincy's not that far. There's a very good chance we'll do a Cincy trip and hit all those + Mt Airy again. I think it's more a matter of when we'll do it, rather than if.

I'd say that's a pretty good rationale; Cincy is great, and not just for disc golf. If yall even remotely like soccer, the FC Cincy games are super fun to go to, and extremely cheap as well

Monroe is a decent little course. I sometimes refer to it as Lincoln Ridge jr. Has pretty much every shot you could want to throw except a big downhill bomber. You could probably play a round there and then go to Englewood and play two quick rounds there before dark.

Actually, you could probably do Monroe, Turtlecreek(same exit as Monroe but on other side of I75), and Englewood... Tcreek would also be a good backup if the weather is bad. Both Monroe and tcreek can be horribly muddy that time of year if its not cold but tcreek is completely flat, so you wont have to deal with the slippery hills at Monroe.

Last edited:
Just spoke to Kyle McMillan and it looks like I'm good to go for Harmon Hills the day of NY Eve. :)
...and now I know holes 19 - 27 are across the street from holes 1-18. ;)

Last edited:
So...
I was planning on playing Hobbs this Sat...forecast says 40% chance of rain. 6 years ago, it rained Xmas day when I played the Warner course at IDGC.

I played a flooded Harmony Bends this year.
It better not rain for my round at Hobbs! :wall:
I'd like to play at least one Houck course in decent conditions. :\

Last edited:
Be safe out there. Watch out for the crazy rednecks down in this part of the world

Thanks... I will! I'll even look out for the crazies that aren't rednecks - head on a swivel.

Interesting how Panther Creek now has what appears to be a killer course. That's where I camped the night before we met up at Mo-town, but that course didn't exist at the time.

*pencils Panther Creek in for X-mas 2019*

BogeyNoMore,

looks like you may get to play kingman for Hobbs. Review number 20 for Hobbs just posted.

Thanks... I will! I'll even look out for the crazies that aren't rednecks - head on a swivel.

Interesting how Panther Creek now has what appears to be a killer course. That's where I camped the night before we met up at Mo-town, but that course didn't exist at the time.

*pencils Panther Creek in for X-mas 2019*

You seen any of the tourney vids for Panther Creek? That place is epic... My legs hurt just thinking about it, lol.

*goes over pencil with indelible ink*

Lol. Yea that place looks amazing and has about every shot you'd want to throw. 2 massive open downhill bombers, extremely tight woods holes and everything in between. A couple of the teepads were built up with dirt and I think are gonna be a problem sooner than later. But if I am ever in that area, I am definitely gonna stop there.

... Its rather amusing watching the Baysinger guys try to play that course.

Panther Creek, you say? Interest piqued.

I hope they have red tees...

Not at the moment. It was designed as a gold level course. One of the reviews talks about multiple pins maybe in the future but nothing yet.

BogeyNoMore,

looks like you may get to play kingman for Hobbs. Review number 20 for Hobbs just posted.

TBH, I don't want to read any more reviews, or know the ratings. I want to form my own opinions.

Already know I won't be able to review every course I play, but seeing as it's still pretty new, I'll probably review Hobbs... especially if it's one of those courses that just makes me want to talk about it.

Not at the moment. It was designed as a gold level course. One of the reviews talks about multiple pins maybe in the future but nothing yet.
Yeah, but I was designed as a red level player. :p
Hopefully they add blue/ white level tees or pin placements in the next couple of years.

You seen any of the tourney vids for Panther Creek? That place is epic... My legs hurt just thinking about it, lol.

Just looked up panther creek and promptly wishlisted it. Looks wicked awesome from the pics. Only 4 hours from me, totally within a day trip range.

Latest posts