• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone else addicted to Tie-Dye?

armiller

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I've heard of people constructing a "all-pink" or "all-something else" kind of bag. But does anyone have an "all-tie-dye" bag? I've recently become increasingly addicted to these discs cuz, well, I think they're pretty, both in the hand and in the air. I haven't bought a ton because they're more expensive, but I'll be looking for excuses to acquire more.

It seems to work for me because Z/Champ are my plastics of choice. Putters could be tough, but I notice Marshall Street still has some old school Tie-Dye X Challengers...

They do look awesome, and I used to buy a lot of fly-dye discs, but they can be REALLY hard to find, especially in the woods.

They're pretty notorious for being lost easily in the woods. However, to each their own. I would agree some of them to look pretty nice. I used to bag a lot of fly-dye when I started long, long ago. However, now, I stick to bright and non-natural colors as to speed tournament and league play if something gets kicked awry.

If you're looking for them, though, Disc Baron has a lot under their "Disc Color" Product Filter for Trilogy and Innova, and in Infinite Discs Advanced search, you can choose "Dye/Multicolor" for a lot of options (806 to be exact).

They're pretty to look at. That's about it. I see no point in paying an extra $2-3 a disc for something that is less functional and would be more heartbroken to lose.

With the tie dye you can see the whole flight of a disc, see it land in front of you in the middle of fairway, and still end up searching 30min for it.

I do end up wanting to buy some tie dye when the patterns are cool though.

Tie dye discs look pretty awesome. Like others on here, though, I don't typically buy them because they are harder to locate.

I've got 2 in the bag, one was a misprint, one was a ctp award. I lost their predecessors and had these, so figured I'd use them. Wouldn't pay the premium for something easier to lose.

Not really into it because of the harder to find nature, I got a few, though if you get a couple brighter color patterns like neon green and pink it might be alright.

I only throw tye-dye buzzzs, have for 10+ years. I never have a hard time finding them...

Like everyone else here has said, I like they way they look but they are too hard to find, especially on the wooded courses that I play a lot of.

They look cool but it is effectively camouflage, I stopped buying then after promptly losing a pair.

they look cool in the window, but camo on the ground. so they're better as decoration than flying objects

These things need to be banned from PDGA play. I've spent to way much time in tourneys looking for these ridiculous things....

No, I find they look exactly the same as a solid disc at the bottom of a muddy bayou and they cost more.