• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Inspire

Hmm, I may have to retract my previous statements, when this disc was first released. I played my first round with a 174g inspire, and I have to admit I was impressed with it initially.

1776 Edition Proton Inspire- ON SHELVES 6/20

proton_inspire_1776_red.jpg

I can't wait for this release. As a newer player trying to build my form and game up I resisted the urge to buy all the new MVP and Axiom drivers, sticking with a Switch as my only driver and throwing mostly the Alias and Anode. After reading a lot of good things about the Inspire on here and on the MVP facebook group I decided to purchase one and see if it differed from the Switch. I feel like the Inspire is the most fun disc I have ever thrown. Big S curves and easy hyper flips are the Inspires strongest lines imo. This special edition disc looks awesome, I love the U.S.A design (Jarhead here) I have been waiting to get a sparkle proton disc after seeing them on the Facebook groups but there was never any in the molds I throw...now there is!

Anyone carry this, the amp and inertia in one bag? id like to settle on one but like all 3. I think the inspire is going to set itself a part though with the slower speed and understable flight giving it a wider amount of uses.

Yes, I do. Tried the Switch in there but it left quickly. I found the control I've developed with my 169 Amp to be too much to retire for a slightly shorter variety of US fairway in the Switch. The Inertia in my hands is a bit longer of an Amp. I would use the Inertia for longer drives on similar lines as my Amp, and use my Amp on shorter holes or for fairway anny's. I also keep an F7 in there for the same shots in a tailwind or aggressive dogleg anny's.

I am guessing by the reviews here that the Inspire is more likely the shorter Amp than the Switch was purported to be. My Switch was more stable than my Amp. That being the case, it _might_ have a run at the Amp's job, but it sounds like my F7 is safe. The F7 is truly a flip/turn machine. The Resistor of US.

Edit: Just realized you were looking for a bagged tri-fecta. Just read Amp and Inertia on first glance. In that case it will be yes for testing, but likely not overall.

Finally had chance to put in a little more time with the Inspire, and it is a nice disc. Definitely a good straight driver for those with lower arm speed. Very minimal fade, and really shines when you put some air under it. It has a good amount of glide that tends to keep it a bit more lofty in the middle portion of the flight, but then sits down pretty quickly.

If I wasn't devoted to my FDs I would give this a better shot, but I have such comfort built with those that the Inspire won't live up to it. For a dedicated Axiom/MVP thrower, or someone who is looking for an easy to throw driver, though, this is a good choice.

I don't have the Inspire but i do carry 2 volts, an Amp, and the Inertia.

P Volt - overstable
Beat in 167 FR Volt - Good turn and fade.
Amp - 172 - Straight. Holds any fade. Hardly any turn and less fade than the volt.
Inertia - Similar to my first run Volt but more understable.

Over-stable Inspire

My 158g Inspire has the about the same turn as my Inertia and same fade as my Rask :confused: . I would rate it (on Innova's scale) 8/4/-1/5+. In other words, it is a somewhat fast glide-y disc that falls out of the air when the fade starts. Man, it is one crazy forehand utility disc.
If I release it with a bit of anny, I get a nice s curve with Motion like skip.

Now before the calls of b.s. starts, let me explain. I was experimenting with a new way of tie-dying a disc by preheating the disc before laying it on the shaving cream bed (don't do this, learn from my lesson). The heat 'melted' the shaving cream and when I came back, the disc was only half way on the bed.

It had a wave depression right through the center of the disc. I have tried boiling water to straighten out the disc, but I cannot get all of the wave out.
Oh, well, I have the Betsy Ross Inspire pre-ordered, so I guess this has became my second 'weird shot disc', somewhat like my Rask.

Last edited:
A fade of 5? Must be a meat hook.

To be clear, the Inspire is nowhere near a meathook disc. It is a straight flyer for normal arms, and an understable one for big arms.

It sounds like his disc got warped and ruined, changing the intended flight pattern dramatically.

To be clear, the Inspire is nowhere near a meathook disc. It is a straight flyer for normal arms, and an understable one for big arms.

It sounds like his disc got warped and ruined, changing the intended flight pattern dramatically.

Warped, but not ruined. I am bagging it because of the utility shot ability. Ruined for the intended flight path for sure.

I know it was a freak accident that it came out like it did, but I could see a disc with this flight path being useful for the big arms and for people with out the big arms(me) who like freaky flights.

In the excitement of getting a box of discs from MVP with the Impulse, 1776 and Cookie Mini, there was another gem in there that I didn't notice the detail on initially, and that's this Proton Inspire. When I unboxed it, it felt soft and gummy which I attributed to it sitting in the heat. But, I noticed late last night it felt the same after being inside.

Upon closer inspection this is something I don't recall seeing before. It's a clear pearly core... almost like a metallic without the opaque metallic pigment. Hard to capture in the pics, but the rim of the core is a little cloudy and pearly and the thing has amazing grip and more glide than the fresh N Inspire I threw it with yesterday.

While not a "metallic disc", and not as rigid as a stock core Proton, it does exhibit similar characteristics in flight as a metallic. Definitely something people should be on the lookout for during the release!

14404147334_6a7c7e03d7_z.jpg

yeah they are sexy. A sold a few craves with that when I got them early from Brad. They remind me of the old runs of "glopto" (gl/opto mix) which was much more common with latitude as their opto discs were all mostly clear back then.

Does it have streaks coming out from the nipple too which don't really show up unless you look at it angled?

Discgolfcenter has the flight ratings of the Inspire as 6/5/-4/1.

I have no idea how they came up with a -4 turn.

As a 300-350 foot player, I'm not seeing very much turn on my inspire I have, unless I really crank on the disc. In my limited experience so far, it does seem to hold a slight anny very well. Definitely looking forward to throwing this for a few more rounds to really get the hang of it. This and the crave are really stealing some shots from my volts in particular, and a few from my amp as well.

^ this. I think in the couple dozen rounds I have played at idlewild, I have hit the gap on no2 maybe 3 or 4 times. I was at a tourney at idlewild yesterday, and put the inspire up on the hill in the open both rounds. It has such a smooth flight. Makes me wish I could go and take back, all the bad things I said when this disc was announced. They need a foot-in-mouth smiley face guy.....

Latest posts