• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Inspire

I'm bagging Inspire and Clash.

I do the Resistor/Crave/Inspire combo.

I've got a 161 Inspire that is money.

I'm a slow adopter of Clash - and the Volt for that matter. Once I started loving on the P Volt, I found I used my Crave less. Because of one hole on my local course that suited a fighting S-shot, I bagged a heavy Clash and it worked great. So, for one shot, I bag the Clash over the Crave and am giving the Volt its day in the sun.

FWIW, I also have a 161 Inspire I got in a wholesale order. I would not otherwise have chosen one so light, but it flies just how I like it. It's my lightest disc, but is never flippy.

Resistor was in, but was ultimately redundant to the Shock for me. I can do more with the Shock. For FW, I go Shock/Clash/Volt/Inspire - for now!

Digging up this old thread because I want to understand this Inspire disc a little better.

When I switched to MVP/Axiom bag I went with Inspire, Crave, Resistor combo as some suggested in this thread. I liked Crave and Resistor, but didn't click with Inspire right away, so I didn't really throw it that much and after a while I took it out of my bag. Crave was/is my go to fairway driver and it has seasoned nicely to have just a touch of high speed turn and very little fade. I throw it for 270-320ft shots. BUT I didn't have a truly understable fairway in my bag so I thought I'd try the Inspire again.

The Inspire flies more overstable for me than my seasoned crave. It has maybe about the same turn, which is not a lot, and a ton more fade. My Inertia turns more with less power and Impulse flips up from steep hyzer for comparison. I just can't find any use for Inspire as it is right now.

Reading the comments here it seems it should turn more easily and have less fade. From what distance do you start getting decent turn? Is it a lot more understable for you compared to crave or just a hair? Should I stick with it and beat it in some more?

Here is a side profile just for fun:
Blue rim is Crave
cCxc4bm.jpg

Last edited:
Same weights? Inspire is pretty much a seasoned crave so makes sense to me as even my seasoned crave like you mention isnt reallllllllly understable. Light weight switch has the high speed turn like amps and both might be worth checking out for more turn over lines vs straight glidey ones.

Hmm that PLH on the Inspire seems a bit higher than mine.
I find that my Inspire has a pretty good amount of turn even when thrown with a snappy 250 ft. shot. I can use it on a hyzer flip and know that it will turn over and not come back if I'm throwing lower lines.

My Crave on the other hand has more of a drift vs. a turn. It'll track right but it'll finish on a slight fade which brings it back to around a 0 net lateral movement.

I've the same opinions as jcass and AIM. If it helps any, I throw the Inspire 325'-350' and my Inspire's PLH seems comparable to yours vs the Crave.

"Worn Crave" is a perfect description: I throw mine exactly as I would a Crave and it just turns more and fades less. It's not a super understable disc, so I'm not necessarily surprised that you don't find it understable at your power. It's a surprise to hear it's less stable than your Crave, though.

I also second the ideas of a worn Crave having more of a drift versus true turn, which is part of what distinguishes the Inspire.

Sorry to hear you didn't have success with the pair, because I am loving the combo.

Sorry to hear you didn't have success with the pair, because I am loving the combo.

Dare I say.... and I am currently suiting up in my flame-resistant gear.....

But the Crave/Inspire is a true competitor vs. the Teeb/Leo combo.

Except the GYROs are always flat :D

Dare I say.... and I am currently suiting up in my flame-resistant gear.....

But the Crave/Inspire is a true competitor vs. the Teeb/Leo combo.

Except the GYROs are always flat :D

I avoid broad claims on here like the plague, but I can say that the two make for a special fairway combo. Probably the thing that elevates them as a pair is how seamless switching between the two is. I bagged the Crave for months before trying an Inspire, and the Inspire threw intuitively from day one because it's exactly what you'd want an understable Crave to be: same speed, same hand feel, just more turn and less fade. No gaps between them.

Probably the biggest knock I could offer on the two versus the TB/Leo is that there is no Crave equivalent to the more overstable TBs. I think you definitely need to complement the Crave with a bigger fading disc (in my case, the Tesla). I do, at least.

Mine is not what I thought it would be, but useful nonetheless. Beautiful curves, but not truly understable.

I'd put an asterisk by this and say that it's an understable disc for those with intermediate D. I max my fairways at around 350' and at that distance the Inspire is perfectly understable: controllable/predictable turn, holds annys to the ground, etc. Discs I used to use for that slot like the River and Underworld just became too understable for me as I gained some D.

I haven't tried the Inspire to be honest. But to the sorta-OP, try the Switch instead. It was pretty turny out of the box (beyond what I'd call a "seasoned Crave") and once it beat in, it's uber-US for me @ 325-350.

I think it'll just have maybe more fade than you want at first too, but beat it up. Likewise, though I can't attest, I'd bet beating up on that Inspire will make it start acting right.

Just clarifying for the unfamiliar that it can be considered a truly understable disc for some. Not trying to undercut you, big fella.

I think I am going to torture mine. It could work on several of our wooded holes as it is now if the Red River ever decides to leave the course. Once it starts really turning in the woods, it can have a different job.

How do the 150's Inspires compare to the max weights? Are they noticeably more understable?

Disc Golf center numbers?

The other day I was in Play It Again Sports eyeing some sweet looking Inspires. Checking the numbers on Disc Golf Center and finding -4 High Speed Stability I thought, sweet!, this could be the Roadrunner in my MVP/Axiom bag. I should have read this thread. :wall: My 166 Inspire definitely flies closer to a River or my beat Champion Teebird. Not the slot I was hoping for, but I'm enjoying the disc.

Are the Disc Golf Center numbers off for Axiom discs?

Latest posts